- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spend six full days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands.
- Conquer the notorious Drake Passage.
- Learn from polar experts about the wonders of the Antarctic region.
- Come facetoface with amazing polar wildlife.
Like our "Antarctica Classic" tour, this 13-day expedition introduces you to the magic of the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, but adds on two additional days to better explore its majesty. Part of the reward of arriving in Antarctica is the challenge of negotiating the Drake Passage — and the G Expedition will bring you there safely. Encounter leopard seals lazing on ice floes and immense rookeries of penguins surrounded by towering glaciers. The G Expedition’s expert guides and lecturers offer knowledge and insight that really bring the nature and history of the region to life, creating the adventure of a lifetime.
Day 1: Ushuaia
Day 2: Ushuaia/Drake Passage (1B, 1D)
Day 3: Days 3-4 Drake Passage/South Shetland Islands
Day 4: Days 5-10 South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 5: Days 11-12 Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 6: Day 13 Ushuaia (1B)
Day 7: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 8: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 9: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 10: Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 11: Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 12: Ushuaia
Day 13: Ushuaia
- Twin-share hotel (1 nt), aboard the G Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window, 11 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
12 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 11 dinners
Note: Allow USD20-30 for meals not included. Drinks and tips on board not included.
- G Expedition, Zodiac, private bus, walking.
- One expedition team member per 10 guests.
- 11 nts aboard the G Expedition
- 1 nt hotel in Ushuaia, on a twin share basis
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
- Lectures and educational programs
- Waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 4 - 16
- Expedition parka
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctica Classic in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 370 today.
- Save US$ 246+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Antarctica Classic in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Antarctica Classic in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctica Classic in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 10 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : MarineSmall-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
- 2. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.