- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 10+ yrs
- Spend six full days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands.
- Conquer the notorious Drake Passage.
- Learn from polar experts about the wonders of the Antarctic region.
- Come facetoface with amazing polar wildlife.
Like our "Antarctica Classic" tour, this 13-day expedition introduces you to the magic of the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, but adds on two additional days to better explore its majesty. Part of the reward of arriving in Antarctica is the challenge of negotiating the Drake Passage — and the G Expedition will bring you there safely. Encounter leopard seals lazing on ice floes and immense rookeries of penguins surrounded by towering glaciers. The G Expedition’s expert guides and lecturers offer knowledge and insight that really bring the nature and history of the region to life, creating the adventure of a lifetime.
Day 1: Ushuaia/Drake Passage
Day 2: Drake Passage/South Shetland Islands
Day 3: Drake Passage/South Shetland Islands
Day 4: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 5: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 6: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 7: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 8: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 9: South Shetland Islands/Antarctic Peninsula
Day 10: Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 11: Drake Passage/Ushuaia
Day 12: Ushuaia
Day 13: Ushuaia
- Twin-share hotel (1 nt), aboard the G Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window, 11 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
12 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 11 dinners
Note: Allow USD20-30 for meals not included. Drinks and tips on board not included.
- G Expedition, Zodiac, private bus, walking.
- One expedition team member per 10 guests.
- 11 nts aboard the G Expedition
- 1 nt hotel in Ushuaia
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
- Lectures and educational programs
- Waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 4 - 16
- Expedition parka
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctica Classic in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 400 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 266 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 1000 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 16 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Antarctica Classic in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctica Classic in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : MarineSmall-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
- 2. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.