- Polar expeditions and cruise
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 200
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- We stop for whales! If conditions allow, take Zodiac excursions to get closer to whales spotted by your expert expedition crew.
- Get the chance to encounter a range of other wildlife like king and chinstrap penguins, fur and elephant seals, albatross and more.
- Intrepid expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour enjoy an enviable ratio of one expedition crew member for every eight passengers, allowing for a higher level of personal service.
- Travelling solo? With single cabins at the same price as some twins, this adventure is perfect for independent explorers.
Want the chance to see spectacular Antarctic sea life and follow whales as they migrate south for the winter? This 11-day Antarctic Whale Journey offers the opportunity of a lifetime for wildlife lovers, increasing the likelihood of spotting orcas, minke and humpback whales during an adventure on the Antarctic Peninsula. When not searching out these gentle giants, spend your time exploring the rest of what the Great White Continent has to offer – seeking out penguin rookeries, spotting seals along craggy shores and (if the weather plays nice) taking excursions on land. With comfortable ship quarters, an onboard team of polar experts and wellness services, this is the best way (and time) to discover the majestic beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula and its inhabitants.
Day 1: Ushuaia
Day 2: Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
Day 3-4: Drake Passage
Day 5-7: Antarctic Peninsula
Day 8-9: Drake Passage
Day 10: Ushuaia
- 10 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 9 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , zodiac
- An expert tour leader
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctic Whale Journey tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 450 today.
- Earn US$ 299+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Antarctic Whale Journey tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Antarctic Whale Journey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctic Whale Journey tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Although our ice-strengthened ships are big and sturdy, the Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings, so please be prepared with medications to combat this – we’d hate for you to miss a single minute of this journey. There is also a doctor on board should you need further assistance.
- Of course, temperatures in the Antarctic can be freezing, but it can get surprisingly warm – when the sun comes out, for instance, or with increased physical activity. It’s best to dress in layers when you journey outside and we’ll provide you with waterproof boots that are sturdy and warm. Please see the Essential Trip Information for notes on what to bring.
- Depending on the weather, you’ll be zipping around in a Zodiac boat quite regularly to explore the area and search for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you dress appropriately and keep your camera safe and dry. Enduring the elements is one thing, having no photos to show for it is another. Sturdy sea legs are needed for wet and dry landings from the boat, as well as on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. The Ocean Endeavour has a lift, but you’ll need to take the stairs to get to the gangway and some other parts of the ship that the lift does not provide access to.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and, although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially in such a remote area. There are nearly 200 recognised sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands; the places mentioned in the itinerary may need to be changed to others (which are just as interesting). We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather. The ship’s library and educational lectures are ideal ways to stay entertained, while the wellness spa, saunas, gym and yoga classes will keep you fresh for when the weather clears.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
The Intrepid Foundation