- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Begin your adventure in the Patagonian outpost of Ushuaia, often referred to as the ‘city at the end of the world’
- Follow in the path of historic explorers, as you sail through the Beagle and Drake channels
- Observe abundant species of whales, seabirds and seals on regular Zodiac excursions in the South Shetland Islands
- Visit rookeries teeming with chinstrap penguins and hike up hills to enjoy 360 degree views of the Antarctic Peninsula
Experience an adventure tour of Antarctica and explore the unique conditions at the end of the Earth. Embark from Tierra Del Fuego and travel through the Beagle Channel and Drake Passage to the South Shetland Islands to see the incredible landscapes created by the Antarctic climate. See multiple species of playful penguins, the imposing and graceful frames of Antarctica's whales, and a frenzy of feeding birdlife. Benefit from the navigational expertise and local knowledge of a professional crew and make the most of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Travel to Antarctica and see the exotic, alien nature of this frozen world for yourself.
Day 1: Ushuaia
Day 2: Embarkation Day
Day 3-4: Crossing the Drake Passage
Day 5-9: Antarctic Peninsula
Day 10-11: Drake Passage
Day 12: Disembark in Ushuaia
- Expedition Voyage, Comfortable hotel
- 11 Breakfasts, 9 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- Expedition cruise ship , Zodiac
- Any international flights to/from Ushuaia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 12 day tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 315+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 12 day tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 1799 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 12 November 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 12 day tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Antarctic Explorer from Ushuaia 12 day tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Although our ice strengthened ships are big and sturdy, Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings. Please be prepared with medications to combat this. There is also a doctor on-board should you need further assistance.
- As you’d expect, temperatures in the Antarctic are freezing. A warm parka will be provided along with waterproof boots and unlimited hot drinks, but you should also bring base layers and lots of warm clothing. Please see the 'Packing' section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
- Weather depending, you will be making regular excursions in a Zodiac boat to explore the local area and look for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you are dressed appropriately and that you keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed as you make wet and dry landings from the boat, and on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. Some ships have a lot of stairs, so please hold on to the handrails if seas are rough.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially to such a remote area. There are nearly 200 recognised sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands; the places mentioned in the itinerary may need to be changed to others (which are equally as interesting). We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather. The on-board library and educational lectures are ideal ways for keeping entertained.