- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Drakensberg Mountains Walk in this beautiful region, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Big Five Game Reserve Learn about the magnificent South African wildlife on open vehicle game drives. Experience a walking safari
- ISimangaliso Wetlands Discover diverse ecosystems including coastal, wetlands, forest and grasslands coexisting side by side.
- Saint Lucia View hippos and crocodiles in the river flowing through this relaxed estuary town
This walking holiday in South Africa showcases the diverse landscapes and wildlife of the KwaZulu-Natal region with mountain hikes, bushland walks and wetland boat rides. Hike to a mountain cave, experience a walking game safari and follow coastal trails. Drakensberg Mountains - Walk in this beautiful region, a UNESCO World Heritage Site Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Reserve - Search for the Big Five on a walking safari and open vehicle game drive Saint Lucia - Explore the iSimangaliso Wetlands and see hippos roaming the streets!
Day 1 : Trip starts in Umhlanga, north of Durban
Day 2 : Lagoon Walk. Drive to the Drakensbergs and explore local area on foot
Day 3 : Hike to Echo Cave and Bishops Inkaba
Day 4 : Full day hike in the Drakensberg Mountains
Day 5 : Visit Blood River Battlefield. Drive to Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Reserve
Day 6 : Walking safari in Big Five Game Reserve
Day 7 : Morning game drive. Arrive to St Lucia, free afternoon
Day 8 : Boat ride and walk through iSimangaliso Wetlands Park. Optional visit to Cape Vidal
Day 9 : Drive down coast, walk the Dune forest trail at Mtunzini. Trip ends at Durban Airport
- 1 night comfortable guesthouse
- 5 nights comfortable lodge
- 2 nights simple lodge
- 8 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 5 Dinner
- Bus, 4WD, Minibus
- Explore Tour Leader, Camp Crew, Driver(s), Safari Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Umhlanga and from Durban are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking and Wildlife in South Africa tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 71+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking and Wildlife in South Africa tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 January 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking and Wildlife in South Africa tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking and Wildlife in South Africa tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.