- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Mongolia is a farout destination, but you'll be in excellent hands. Your experienced drivers, manning sturdy Russian vans fit to tackle the rugged environment, will take you on a ride to some of the most fascinating places in the country
- Whether by camel or on foot, experience Mongolia's incredible landscapes, from the rolling dunes just outside of Karakorum to the volcanic craters of the Great White Lake among the mountains
- Two family ger camps allow you to experience nomadic life from the inside – a rare and rewarding cultural experience to remember
- Situated in the valley of the Delger River, the Tsenkher Hot Springs offer the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long journey on the road
Travel to Mongolia and experience the raw beauty and tradition of this remote region. Hidden from the world for so long, it is hard to imagine that this secluded country once created the largest land empire ever known. Unmatched geographical diversity, pristine grasslands, crumbling ruins and roaming herdsmen riding tough Mongolian horses – see it all on this journey through a land that time forgot and travellers are now discovering.
Erdenet - Selenge River - Unit
Selenge River - Ikh Uul Family Ger Camp
Murun - Shine Ider Family Ger Camp
Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake
Tsetserleg - Tsenkher
Karakorum - Khogno Khan
- Tourist Ger Camp (10 nights), Family Ger Camp (2 nights), Hotel (2 nights)
- 14 Breakfasts, 13 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Private vehicle (Furgon - Russian van)
- An expert tour leader
- Amarbayasgalant - Monastery
- Selenge - Uran Togoo hike
- Tsetserleg - Museum
- Tsenkher Hot Springs
- Karakorum - Erdenezuu Monastery & Museum
- Khogno Khan - Camel ride
- Ulaanbaatar - Cultural Performance
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wild Mongolia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 110+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wild Mongolia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wild Mongolia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wild Mongolia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Staying mostly in tourist ger camps once outside of Ulaanbaatar, you will experience simple conditions such as outdoor toilets and some nights without hot water. Most gers at the camps sleep up to six people, with comfortable beds and plenty of blankets.
- At our family ger camps you will be living the same life as the nomads, close to the land and their animals. Beds may be matresses on the floor in a shared ger and there will be no bathroom facilities. This is a true taste of Mongolian life and may be very different from what you are used to. You will need to bring a sleeping bag with you for these stays.
- Most meals are included once we leave the nation's capital. If you have very specific dietary requirements you will need to let us know well in advance. We will do our best to cater for you, but you may need to be prepared to bring some of your own supplies from home, or stock up at the supermarkets in Ulaanbaatar. Vegetarians can be catered for, though choices may be limited. Some food will be traditional Mongolian style, but as the traditional diet consists solely of meat and dairy products, most meals made for our groups are less challenging and based more on Russian or Western cuisine, which is now also common in the Mongolian diet.
- This is a trip that includes extensive travelling in some remote terrain away from modern facilities and conveniences. As we spend a lot of time on the road each day, it is important to realise that the emphasis on this trip is on the journey, travelling through amazing landscapes and staying in some stunning locations. As we travel by private transport for the duration of the trip we spend a lot of time together with our group members. If you are looking for an active or independent trip with lots of choice for physical and cultural activities daily then you might want to consider whether this trip is the right one for you. However, if you are keen to explore a fascinating country "road trip" style, take in the scenery as you go and are willing to sit back and enjoy the ride (however long it takes to get there!) then this will definitely add to your experience of our Wild Mongolia trip.
- Driving times will vary and any times listed in the itinerary are approximate and subject to road (where there is one!) and weather conditions. As we have our own vehicles, it may be possible to make stops along the way for photos, meals or to chat with locals, but we need to aim to get to our destinations before nightfall so please understand that long breaks may sometimes not be possible.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers