- Train tour
- Overland Journeys
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia/ Saint Petersburg, Russia
Enjoy fascinating interludes in Mongolia, Siberia, and Russia’s Golden Ring on this exciting overland journey using iconic rail services between Ulaanbaatar, Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Day 1: Welcome to Mongolia!
Day 2: To Kharkhorin
Day 3: Khustai National Park
Day 4: Return to Ulaanbaatar
Day 5: Ulan Ude
Day 6: Ulan Ude and to Irkutsk
Day 7: Arrive Irkutsk and Lake Baikal
Day 8: Lake Baikal
Day 9: Irkutsk and to Yekaterinburg
Day 10: Irkutsk and to Yekaterinburg
Day 11: Arrive Yekaterinburg
Days 12: Yekaterinburg
Day 13: To Kazan
Day 14: To Kazan
Day 15: To Murom
Day 16: Suzdal
Day 17: Suzdal
Day 18: Suzdal and on to Moscow via Vladimir
Day 19: Moscow
Day 20: Moscow and to St. Petersburg
Day 21: St. Petersburg
Day 22: St. Petersburg
Day 23: St. Petersburg – Journey Concludes
- 13 hotel (twin share)2 guesthouse (twin share)2 nights Mongolian ger (shared)5 train (4-berth)Optional single supplement available for hotel stays – prices available on request
- 18 breakfasts 1 lunch3 dinners
- All transfers including to and from the airport.
- Comprehensive schedule of sightseeing with certified Local Guides. You’ll have a generous sprinkling of free time to relax or explore on your own.
- An experienced Tour Leader accompanies the whole journey to keep your adventure on track. Local Guides are native to each destination and as certified professionals will share their immense knowledge with you. 24/7 support is available in the office and on the ground.
- Any international flights to Ulaanbaatar and from Saint Petersburg are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trans Mongolian Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 235+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trans Mongolian Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 78 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 77 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 January 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 77 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trans Mongolian Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trans Mongolian Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.