- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Head out to see Ulaanbaatar's Gandan Monastery and National Museum
- Spend a few hours exploring Ulaanbaatar's Mongolian Black Market
- Stay in a local nomadic ger encampment at Ogii Lake
- Visit ancient Karakoram, capital of the Mongol Empire at Kharkhorin
A trip through Mongolia is one that is guaranteed to be memorable and eventful; it will be an unforgettable adventure, rather than just a holiday! Mongolia is one of the last unspoiled travel destinations in the world, where nomadic herders still tend to their flocks amongst vast grasslands, Gers remain the accommodation of choice and it's still possible to travel for days without meeting another person.
The country is an overlander's paradise, with challenging roads, stunning scenery and a unique and welcoming culture. The Mongolian people, their culture and the landscape is what this journey is so much about.
From Ulaanbaatar we will head west through the central region of Mongolia, past Erdene Zuu monastery to the natural beauty of the Orkhon Valley and the Tsenkher hot springs We then make the journey north to the remote and spectacular Khovsgol Lake before heading back towards the capital.
Day 1: Ulaanbaatar
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar
Day 3: Ogii Lake
Day 4: Kharkhorin
Day 5: Orkhon Valley
Day 6: Orkhon Valley
Day 7: Tsenkher
Day 8: Tsenkher
Day 9: Tamir River
Day 10: Khorgo Volcano
Day 11: Khorgo Volcano
Day 12: Moron
Day 13: Moron
Day 14: Khovsgol Lake
Day 15: Khovsgol Lake
Day 16: Moron
Day 17: Selenge River
Day 18: Bulgan
Day 19: Amarbayasgalant Monastery
Day 20: Ulaanbaatar
Day 21: Ulaanbaatar
- Comfortable Hotel 3 nights
- Yurt Camp 9 nights
- Camping without facilities 8 nights
- 20 Breakfasts
- 8 Lunches
- 15 Dinner
- Overland Expedition Vehicle
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary, Local Crew Member in certain areas
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Nomads & Wilds of Mongolia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 146 today.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nomads & Wilds of Mongolia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 61 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 60 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 60 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nomads & Wilds of Mongolia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nomads & Wilds of Mongolia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.