- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The spectacularly varied Mongolian landscape vast rolling steppe, mountains and deserts
Rolling steppe of Central Asia make way to stark desert; small nomadic ger camp pepper this vast land where camels and goats are herded on horseback, fermented mare’s milk is the tipple of choice, sand dunes are known to ‘sing’ and the first intact dinosaur eggs were found. Genghis Khan went forth from here on horseback to conquer the biggest land empire in history and, to this day, Buddhist and Animist traditions mix. In July, all over the country, people come together to compete in wrestling, archery, horse-racing and ankle bone flicking during the Naadam Festival but traditions can be witnessed throughout the year. We travel through steppe, mountain and the Gobi desert exploring the nature and culture of this fascinating, yet little known, country. Please note Nadaam Festival departures are 2 days longer, to view the Nadaam itinerary click on the link next to the date under 'dates & prices'.
Day 1: Start Ulaan Baatar.
Day 2: To Khustain Nuruu N.P.; trek to see Przewalski's horses; overnight in ger
Day 3: Drive to Little Gobi Desert; visit Khogno Khan Mountain; opportunity for bird
and wildlife watching.
Day 4: To Karakorum; visit Erdene Zuu Monastery.
Day 5: Morning visit to monastery; along northern edge of Gobi Desert to Arvaikheer
via Shankh Monastery.
Day 6: To Bayan Gobi via Mt Ikh Bogd.
Day 7: See rock paintings; explore region of Bayan Gobi
Day 8: Visit 'singing' sand dunes, the largest dunes in Mongolia.
Day 9: Travel through rocky plains of Gobi Gurvansaikhan N.P.
Day 10: Hiking around the 'Flaming Cliffs' of Bayanzag.
Day 11: Fly to Ulaan Baatar; on to Terelj National Park.
Day 12: Terelj National Park; Genghis statue; Ulaan Baatar
Day 13: End Ulaan Baatar.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, lunch and dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mongolia: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 152+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mongolia: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour. You can cancel the tour up to 91 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 90 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 January 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 90 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mongolia: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mongolia: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.