- Local culture
- Festivals and events
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Attend the Eagle Festival in the remote Altai Mountains
- Explore Mongolia's vast wilderness stepp and Gobi Desert
- Experience traditional nomadic culture
Rolling steppe make way to stark desert; small nomadic ger camps pepper this vast land where camels and goats are herded on horseback, fermented mare’s milk is the tipple of choice, sand dunes are known to ‘sing’ and the first intact dinosaur eggs were found. Genghis Khan went forth from here on horseback to conquer the biggest land empire in history and, to this day, Buddhist and Animist traditions mix. We travel through steppe, mountains and the Gobi desert exploring the nature and culture of this fascinating, yet little known country before making our way to the far western reaches to visit the eagle festival, celebrating the fascinating past time of hunting with eagles and the strong connection the Mongolian people have with their animals and land.This departure of the Eagle Festival tour visits Khustain Nuruu N. P. at the start of the trip.
Day 1: Start Ulaanbaatar.
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar sightseeing.
Day 3: Transfer to Khustain Nuruu N.P trek to see wild horses.
Day 4: Drive to Little Gobi Desert; visit Khogno Khan Mountain; opportunity for bird
and wildlife watching.
Day 5: Karakorum; visit Erdene Zuu Monastery.
Day 6: Transfer to Arvaikheer via Shankh Monastery and explore the museum.
Day 7: Bayan Gobi via Mt Ikh Bogd.
Day 8: Explore the region of Bayan Gobi.
Day 9: Visit the singing sand dunes, the largest dunes in Mongolia.
Day 10: Travel through rocky plains of Gobi Gurvansaikhan N.P.
Day 11: Hiking around the Flaming Cliffs of Bayanzag.
Day 12: Morning flight to Ulaabaatar; afternoon in Terelj National park.
Day 13: Ulaanbaatar via Genghis Khaan Statue.
Day 14: Fly to Olgii; visit a nomadic Kazakh village.
Day 15: Eagle festival.
Day 16: Another day at the Eagle Festival
Day 17: Fly to Ulaanbaatar; free time in the city.
Day 18: End Ulaanbaataar.
- 5 nights hotels, all en suite and 12 nights ger camp with shared facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 15 lunches and 16 dinners
- Travel by 4WD, bus and internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- All internal flights
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Normally 4 to 16, plus local leader, Min age 16 yrs
- This deparure visits Khustain Nuruu N. P. at the start of the trip
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mongolia Eagle Festival: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 199+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mongolia Eagle Festival: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mongolia Eagle Festival: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mongolia Eagle Festival: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.