- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Attend the Eagle Festival in the remote Altai Mountains
- Explore Mongolia's vast wilderness stepp and Gobi Desert
- Experience traditional nomadic culture
Rolling steppe make way to stark desert; small nomadic ger camps pepper this vast land where camels and goats are herded on horseback, fermented mare’s milk is the tipple of choice, sand dunes are known to ‘sing’ and the first intact dinosaur eggs were found. Genghis Khan went forth from here on horseback to conquer the biggest land empire in history and, to this day, Buddhist and Animist traditions mix. We travel through steppe, mountains and the Gobi desert exploring the nature and culture of this fascinating, yet little known country before making our way to the far western reaches to visit the eagle festival, celebrating the fascinating past time of hunting with eagles and the strong connection the Mongolian people have with their animals and land.This departure of the Eagle Festival tour visits Khustain Nuruu N. P. at the start of the trip.
Day 1: Start Ulaanbaatar.
Day 2: Transfer to Khustain Nuruu N.P trek to see wild horses.
Day 3: Drive to Little Gobi Desert; visit Khogno Khan Mountain; opportunity for bird
and wildlife watching.
Day 4: Karakorum; visit Erdene Zuu Monastery.
Day 5: Transfer to Arvaikheer via Shankh Monastery and explore the museum.
Day 6: Bayan Gobi via Mt Ikh Bogd.
Day 7: Explore the region of Bayan Gobi.
Day 8: Visit the singing sand dunes, the largest dunes in Mongolia.
Day 9: Travel through rocky plains of Gobi Gurvansaikhan N.P.
Day 10: Hiking around the Flaming Cliffs of Bayanzag.
Day 11: Morning flight to Ulaabaatar; afternoon in Terelj National park.
Day 12: Ulaanbaatar via Genghis Khaan Statue.
Day 13: Fly to Olgii; visit a nomadic Kazakh village.
Day 14: Eagle festival.
Day 15: Another day at the Eagle Festival
Day 16: Fly to Ulaanbaatar; free time in the city.
Day 17: End Ulaanbaataar.
- 4 nights hotels, all en suite and 12 nights ger camp with shared facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, lunch and dinners
- Travel by 4WD, bus and internal flights
- All transport and listed activities
- All internal flights
- Normally 4 to 16, plus local leader, Min age 16 yrs
- This deparure visits Khustain Nuruu N. P. at the start of the trip
- Tour leader throughout
- Arrival & departure transfers
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mongolia Eagle Festival: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 191 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 545 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 22 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Mongolia Eagle Festival: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mongolia Eagle Festival: Steppes, Deserts & Nomads tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.