- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Sleep in traditional Mongolian gers.
- Ride across desert landscapes on horseback or camel.
- Learn to make local crafts and garments from nomadic hosts.
- Compete with Mongolian nomads in archery.
It was from Mongolia that Ghengis Khan set forth to conquer the world. This unique adventure is your chance to return to this heartland and let its people and scenery capture your heart. Leave Ulaanbaatar and the modern world behind and stay with three different families to experience life as a nomad. From Orkhon Valley to Gorkhi Terelj National Park, you'll live in gers, take tea with your neighbours, ride horses, and learn archery and garment-making skills. It's 10 days like you never imagined.
Day 1: Ulaanbaatar
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar/Rashaant Sum
Day 3: Rashaant Sum/Orkhon Valley
Day 4: Orkhon Valley
Day 5: Orkhon Valley/Kharkhorin
Day 6: Kharkhorin/Gorkhi Terelj National Park
Day 7: Gorkhi Terelj National Park
Day 8: Gorkhi Terelj National Park
Day 9: Gorkhi Terelj National Park/Ulaanbaatar
Day 10: Ulaanbaatar
- Traditional ger (6 nts), ger camp (1 nt), basic hotels (2 nts).
- 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Public bus, oxcart, horse.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local nomadic hosts.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Nomadic Family Stay, Mongolia
- Your Foodie Moment: Mongolian Vodka and Cheese Making Demonstration, Gorkhi Terelj National Park
- Daily lessons and demonstrations of various nomadic skills and techniques while staying with nomadic hosts
- Horseback, oxen cart, and camel rides
- Historic monastery visit
- Mongolian Cultural Show
- National park entrance fees
- Transport between destinations and included activities
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Local Living Mongolia—Nomadic Life tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 59 today.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Local Living Mongolia—Nomadic Life tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Local Living Mongolia—Nomadic Life tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Local Living Mongolia—Nomadic Life tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : Local LivingIntimate unpack-just-once adventures that bring out the best of the world’s best destinations.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.