- duration 16 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-90 yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-27997
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
Discover the very best of Mongolia, from the bustling capital Ulaanbaatar we journey across the steppe to Kharkhorin. We will encounter ancient Buddhist monasteries and the remarkable diversity of the Gobi Desert; sacred mountains, dinosaur ‘cemeteries’, flaming cliffs, singing sand dunes and spectacular canyons.
Day 1: Ulaanbaatar
Day 2: To Bayangobi via Khustai National Park
Day 3: Khogno Khaan Natural Reserve and to Kharkhorin
Day 4: Orkhon Valley
Day 5: Orkhon Valley
Day 6: To Bayanhongor
Day 7: Ih Bogd Mountain and camel ger camp
Day 8: Ih Bogd Mountain and camel ger camp
Day 9: Kherman Tsav
Day 10: To Toson Bumbin Mountains
Day 11: Khongoriin Els
Day 12: To Bayanzag & the Flaming Cliffs
Day 13: Yoliin Am & Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park
Day 14: Ulaanbaatar
Day 15: Ulaanbaatar
Day 16: Ulaanbaatar
- 4 hotel (twin share)10 Mongolian ger (shared)1 camping (shared) Optional single supplement is available for hotel stays – prices available on request.
- 1 Dinner(s)
- All transfers including to and from the airport.
- Expert local guides Train tickets provided Visa support Advice from Travel Advisors
- Comprehensive schedule of sightseeing with certified Local Guides. You’ll have a generous sprinkling of free time to relax or explore on your own.
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gobi Desert Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 227+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gobi Desert Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 78 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 77 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 February 2024, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 77 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gobi Desert Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gobi Desert Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.