- Desert safaris
- Museum and gallery visits
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tour many of Ulaanbaatar’s historic sites.
- Enjoy the scenery of Khustai National Park.
- Learn about Lama Buddhism from a head monk.
- Visit familyowned yak and camel farms.
Mongolia’s sublime beauty reveals itself in endless expanses of steppe and sky and an age-old nomadic culture that joins the people with the land. Journey through this remote, seldom-travelled region of Asia, from sprawling Ulaanbaatar to green, grassy plains where wild horses roam. Discover the country’s surviving Buddhist heritage on visits to historic temples and monasteries; walk across the rocks and sands of the sweeping Gobi, which conceal troves of dinosaur fossils; and get a taste of traditional Mongolian life at a horse and yak farm.
Day 1: Ulaanbaatar
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar
Day 3: ULAANBAATAR/HUSTAI NATIONAL PARK
Day 4: HUSTAI NATIONAL PARK/KHARKHORIN
Day 5: Kharkhorin/Tsenkher
Day 6: Tsenkher/Orkhon Valley
Day 7: Orkhon Valley
Day 8: ORKHON VALLEY/ONGIIN KHIID
Day 9: ONGIIN KHIID/BAYANZAG
Day 10: Bayanzag/Khongoryn Els
Day 11: Khongoryn Els
Day 12: Khongoryn Els/Yolyn Am
Day 13: Yolyn Am/Ulaanbaatar
Day 14: Ulaanbaatar
- Hotels (3 nts), Ger camps (10 nts).
13 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 11 dinners
Note: Allow USD100-130 for meals not included.
- Private vehicles, 4x4, walking, hiking, plane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Dinosaur Museum Visit, Ulaanbaatar
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Erdene Zhu Buddhist Monastery Visit, Kharkhorin
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Yak Family Farm Experience, Orkhon Valley
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Nomadic Family Experience, Khongoryn Els
- Your Wellness Moment: Tsenkher Hot Springs Visit, Tsenkher
- Arrival transfer
- Ulaanbaatar city tour
- Visit Khustai National Park
- Visit the archaeological museum
- Soak in hot springs
- Hike to Tuvkhun Monastery
- Orkhon waterfall hike
- Visit Hoshuu and Ongiin Khiid monasteries
- Flaming Cliffs excursion
- Gobi desert excursion and dune hike
- Gobi Gurvansaikhan National Park excursion
- Folklore show with dinner
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Ulaanbaatar are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Mongolia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 143+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Mongolia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Mongolia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Mongolia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic JourneysGreater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.