- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through rice paddies, jungles and plantations
- Ride up and down volcanoes and through villages
- Discover the islands of Bali and Java
Active volcanoes tower over rice paddies and coffee plantations. Jungles fringe tropical beaches on the edge of coral-rich waters. Village and temples dot the landscape where age-old traditions are still followed today. This is the backdrop through which we cycle up to craters and down to fishing villages, along asphalt roads and rainforest trails. On two wheels we explore some of the quieter parts of the islands of Bali and Java uncovering a patchwork of sights, sounds and smells.
Day 1: Start Ubud
Day 2: Cycle through rice paddies, villages and temples
Day 3: Cycle to Batur Volcano; afternoon mountain bike descent
Day 4: Ride to Ponjok Batu Temple and Lovina coast
Day 5: A day cycling, monkey forests, twin lakes, Buddhist monasteries and hot
Day 6: Pedal to the harbour; snorkel around Menjangan Island; transfer to Java
Day 7: Cycle up the slopes of Ijen Volcano; optional sunset hike
Day 8: Early morning trek to the crater rim; later cycle off the volcano to Ketapang
Day 9: Cycle through jungle and plantations to the fishing village at Meru Betiri
Day 10: Ride along jungle trails to the beach at Pulau Merah; free time to relax on
the beach; transfer to Ketapang
Day 11: Transfer by ferry and bus back to Bali to Canggu
Day 12: Free day to relax on the beach or explore the area around Canggu and Seminyak
Day 13: End Canggu
- 10 nights hotel, 1 night homestay and 1 night camping
- 12 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 3 dinners
- 9 days cycling with 90% vehicle support
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- Airport transfers (for flight inclusive passengers)
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus local leader
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Ubud and from Canggu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling Indonesia's Islands tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 101+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling Indonesia's Islands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 288 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 11 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Cycling Indonesia's Islands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling Indonesia's Islands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.