- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
This unique multi country bicycle tour traces some of the far reaches of the Khmer Empire while also following the Mekong River from Thailand, through Southern Laos and into Cambodia, providing a perfect setting to experience the cultural heritage and scenic highlights of these three countries.
Our bike tour begins in Thailand but we quickly cross into Laos and first head up to the Bolaven Plateau, the coffee growing area of Laos, before heading south, where we see our first Khmer Hindu temple complex, Wat Phu. This temple is unique in that elements were bathed in water from a mountain spring. Heading further south we go island hopping and observe the daily lives of the farmers in the paddy fields and the fishermen on the Mekong River. We spend some time dolphin spotting and relaxing on an island in the middle of the Mekong before crossing into Cambodia.
After one more night on the Mekong we head to Preah Vihear, arguably the Khmer Hindu temple which has the most spectacular setting of all the temples built during the six-centuries-long Khmer Empire. Next we wind our way to Siem Reap, stopping en route to see the unique pyramid temple at the ancient capital of Koh Ker. Then it's time to explore by bike the Khmer Empire’s greatest legacy, the amazing Angkor complex which bears testimony to the immense power and wealth, as well as the variety of belief systems that the empire patronised over time - Hinduism, Mahayana Buddhism, and Theravada Buddhism.This Southeast Asia bike tour offers a glimpse of Thailand and the best of two countries by bike: Cambodia and Laos.
This was our fourth SpiceRoads tour. We appreciate the level of professionalism all staff display as well as the awesome planning that goes into all the trips to ensure the clients safety and enjoyment.”
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Mountain Bike US$ 180
- Any international flights to Ubon Ratchatani and from Siem Reap are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Khmer Empire Explorer by Bike tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 154 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 102 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 878 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 28 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Khmer Empire Explorer by Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Khmer Empire Explorer by Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2