- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wander the largest medina in North Africa in Tunis, navigating the twisting alleyways to discover tiny stores overflowing with goods, ancient mosques and bustling squares.
- Explore the incredible remains of Dougga, a Roman city (built on a Namibian city) with dozens of standing columns, an impressive amphitheatre and a mausoleum built 2200 years ago.
- Go underground into the subterranean homes of Matmata, where a central sunken courtyard leads to cavelike rooms carved from sandstone.
- Trek through the Sahara Desert with Berber guides, then settle in at a desert camp to watch the sunset over the epic sea of dunes.
Discover living history, rippling desert landscapes and seaside bliss on this 12-day tour through under-the-radar Tunisia. Wander through waterfront medinas where the scent of jasmine floats on the sea breeze. Explore World Heritage-listed Roman ruins without the crowds they normally attract. Hike over sand dunes and under craggy mountains. Feast on spicy Tunisian cuisine, which blends the staples favoured by the nomadic peoples of North African with Italian and Spanish flavours. From vast stretches of pink-hued salt lakes to turquoise coast and palm-fringed oases – this tour reveals the diverse sides of this little-visited Mediterranean jewel.
- 11 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 6 Dinners
- 4WD vehicle , Camel , Private Minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Tunis - Medina Visit
- Tunis - Carthage visit
- Sidi Bou Said
- Tunis - Bardo Museum
- Testour - Village & Great Mosque
- Dougga - World Heritage site visit
- Le Kef - Village Walk
- Kairouan - Great Mosque of Oqba Ibn Nafi
- Kairouan - Walking Tour
- Kairouan - Mosque of the Barber
- Tozeur - Medina
- Tozeur - Palm Plantation Tour
- Tozeur - Mountain Oasis 4WD tour
- Douz - El Jerid salt lake
- Douz -Sahara Trekking
- Matmata - Trekking
- Troglodyte visit
- El Jem - Roman Theatre visit
- Mahdia -Medina
- Mahdia - Great Mosque Visit
- Mahdia -Monastir and Moknine Excursion
- Nabeul - Studio Visit
- Any international flights to/from Tunis are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tunisia Expedition tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 150 today.
- Earn US$ 100+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tunisia Expedition tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 August 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tunisia Expedition tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tunisia Expedition tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You will need to be moderately fit to take part in the roughly 3-hour trek across the Sahara Desert. Camels will carry your luggage and it is possible to take turns resting on their backs.
- Camping in the Sahara Desert is an amazing experience, but the facilities range from the basic to the non-existent (in the case of toilets).
- Be prepared for a bit of good natured bartering when making purchases. Talk to your leader for some handy haggling tips
- While you’re probably expecting it to be hot, evening’s in the desert can be surprisingly cool. You’ll need to have clothing that is suitable for potential changes in weather conditions.
- Tourism is slowly returning to Tunisia, but the industry is still recovering. Some of the hotels we use may have minor maintenance issues, but rest assured they’ll be clean and comfortable
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers