- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Kairouan: Founded in the seventh century, Kairouan is considered the Islamic capital of Tunisia.
- Tozeur: The desert town is a gateway to mountain oasis and desert adventures.
- Djerba: a Berber Island renowned for being the Dream Island for its magnificent beaches and relaxed environment.
- Sousse: This seaside town is a great spot to relax on the beach and wander around the upscale Port El Kantaoui.
Explore Tunisia all the way from the mainland starting in Tunis, to the South, then the Island of Djerba, and back to Tunis. Visit archaeological sites, go on adventurous excursions and admire a variety of natural escape.
Day 1: Arrival Tunis - Hammamet (80km – 1.5hrs)
Day 2: Hammamet – Kairouan – Tozeur (395 Km- 6hrs)
Day 3: Tozeur – Matmata (216km –3hrs)
Day 4: Matmata – Djerba (140km – 3hrs)
Day 5: Djerba – Guellala – Djerba (50km – 1hr)
Day 6: Djerba – El Djem – Sousse (430km –5.5hrs)
Day 7: Sousse – Sidi Bou Said – Carthage – Tunis (150km – 2hrs)
Day 8: Tunis Departure
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 7 Dinners
- Shared transportation as indicated in the itinerary
- Inbound/Outbound shared transfers from/to Tunis-Carthage International Airport
- Operated with an English, French, German, Italian or Spanish-speaking local guide on a shared basis on days 2, 4, 5, 6, 7
- All entrance fee and activities indicated in the itinerary: Great Mosque of Kairouan visit (Day 2); Matmata troglodyte habitations and Houmt Souk in Djerba(Day 4); Synogogue of Ghriba and Guellala in Djerba (Day 5); El Djem town tour, Roman amphitheatre of El Djem visit, Port El Kantaoui visit (Day6); Sidi Bousaid village visit, Carthage city tour, Bardo National Museum and Medina of Tunis visit (Day 7)
- Meet & greet at Tunis-Carthage International Airport (Day 1)
- Tips or visa fees
- International or domestic flights
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Drinks during the meals
- Any type of personal or travel insurance
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this From The Mainland To The Island tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 February 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
From The Mainland To The Island tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this From The Mainland To The Island tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.