- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the Tsitsikamma Mountains
- Visit Tsitsikamma National Park
- Swim in crystalclear waters
- Explore ancient, indigenous forests
Your hiking trail starts on the banks of the Groot River Lagoon, climbing through ancient forests with their giant trees and abundant streams to reach the vantage points from where you can enjoy great views of the magnificent coastal cliffs and turquoise ocean.
Wade through clear, amber-colored lagoons, ascend to the fynbos-covered coastal plains at the foot of the Tsitsikamma Mountains and stop off at numerous waterfalls (Tsitsikamma means ‘abundance of water’) and fern-lined pools.
Accommodation will be provided in the first two hiker’s huts on the Tsitsikamma Trail, which are exceptionally well-placed to enjoy the beauty of the area: the first in the forest a stone's throw away from the Groot River Lagoon and the Natures Valley Beach, while the second hut is perched above a spectacular waterfall with panoramic views of the Tsitsikamma Mountains.
Don't miss out on this chance to enjoy your journey through one of the most popular hiking trails in South Africa. To learn more about this trip, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Natures Valley Beach - Kalander Hut
Day 2: Kalandar Hut - Bloukraans Hut
Day 3: Bloukraans Hut - Bloukraans Forestry Station
- 2 night's accommodation in trail huts
- National park fees
- Meals as per the itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Transfers from Plettenberg Bay
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfers to trail head
- Save US$ 22+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationRECOMMENDED GEAR LIST A backpack approximately 50 – 70l in size (available for hire) A sleeping bag of +5 degrees C recommended (available for hire) A warm, weatherproof jacket with hood Hiking boots & socks A water bottle (2 liters) Clothing changes: layer your outfit with a good fleece for warmth Towels Sun block Sun glasses Sun hats/ caps Insect repellant Toiletries (eco friendly) Toilet paper Torch + batteries, preferably a headlamp Personal first aid Personal energy sweets and drinks OPTIONAL GEAR Swimming costume Kikoi Sandals Camera Binoculars Hiking poles Light-weight waterproof rain pants