- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling in the Southern Dalmatian Islands with dramatic scenery
- Exploring the small towns and villages en route
- Korcula with its beautiful old township
- The island of Vis, situated far out at sea
An exciting multi-activity adventure for the whole family that explores the beautiful Croatian coast and islands. Explore the stunning islands and coastline of southern Dalmatia on board a charming boat, with overnights in scenic ports and quiet bays. Each day brings a new island to discover either by bike or on foot or even by raft. There is also the option to remain on board, relax and take a swim or wander the streets of historic harbour towns. In the company of your guide and crew the activities are specifically geared towards the whole family ensuring that the experience is both informative and interactive with the right amount of walking or cycling. Through stories and legends the guide will help to bring to life the country’s cultural and natural treasures whilst also touching on Croatia’s eventful history.
Day 1 : Board the boat at Trogir near Split, short cruise to the Island of Vis
Day 2 : Cycle and swim on Vis and Korcula Islands (10km/6mi)
Day 3 : Explore Hvar Island
Day 4 : Swim and cycle on Brac and Hvar Islands (13km/8mi or 25km/15mi)
Day 5 : Walk on Brac Island (1.5hr)
Day 6 : Rafting Cetina Canyon or hike to the pirate Fortress above Omis, cruise to Split
Day 7 : Cycle on Solta Island to Goran for beekeeper talk, cruise to Trogir (8km/5mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes in Trogir (close to Split)
- 7 nights accommodation in a twin cabin below deck with ensuite facilities on board a premium boat (supplement applies for above deck or single cabin). If you are travelling by yourself you will be matched with another passenger. The compact cabins are configured with a combination of bunk beds (upper and lower), a double bed or two lower beds. Excellent discounts apply to a third person sharing a triple cabin, with a configuration of a French bed (quite cosy for two people as it is a little smaller than a double) and a single bunk bed above. Discount applies to third and fourth person sharing a quad cabin below deck, with a camp bed for the fourth person. Note that the lower deck cabins by their very nature will be marginally noisier and less ventilated due to their proximity to the engine and working part of the boat.
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 4 dinners (does not include drinks)* - the cook on board is a member of the crew. The meals begin with dinner on day 1 and end with breakfast on day 8. Some lunches may be picnics. *Note that the included lunches and dinners are not clearly labelled on the daily itinerary as they depend on sailing conditions on the day and from time to time we may substitute one of the lunches for a dinner or vice versa, your tour guide will inform you locally when these will be included.
- 21 speed hybrid bike rental with pannier (children's bikes available for a minimum height 120cm, trailer bicycles and children's bike seats on request for a supplement - limited supplies, 8-speed electric bikes available on most trips for a supplement - limited supplies). The guides will carry bike locks for the group when cycling, or individual locks can be provided on request if you decide to bike alone (limited supply).
- Experienced crew including English speaking cycle guide
- Guided cycling or walking tours on the different islands
- Bed linen and towels
- Information pack including overview maps per cabin
- Travel to and from Split (Trogir)
- Taxi transfer from the airport or your hotel to the ship (allow approx EUR20) - or reservation on request for an additional cost on embarkation and disembarkation days only, please ask our office for details
- Upgrade to a cabin on deck or single cabin - supplement applies, please ask our office for details
- Drinks on board and meals not included
- Entrance fees to museums and churches
- Water flat rate, visitor's tax and local charges EUR50pp (adult) or EUR25pp (child up to 16) to be paid to the captain
- Optional Cetina rafting - booked and paid locally.
- Tips for the guide and crew (see pre departure information provided on booking)
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance - mandatory *cruise cover may be required - check with your insurer
- Helmets - mandatory on all bike tours, you are encouraged to bring your own well-fitted helmet. A limited number of rental helmets are available on board (reservation essential), however we cannot guarantee their suitability and only adult sizes are available. Helmets are compulsory in Croatia for children under the age of 16.
- Optional Bicycle insurance - can be booked on arrival and paid in cash locally. EUR10 per person for hybrid bike/children's seat/trailer bike, EUR20 per person for electric bike. Please note that normal travel insurance often does not cover loss or damage to rental bikes. If you do not take out bike insurance you will need to pay for the cost of the bike or repair of damages.
- Transfers by bus or taxi during the trip - can be arranged for an additional local cost
- Secure parking space in Trogir - reservation essential, paid in cash locally to the tour guide. EUR30/week for a car up to 6m in length, EUR50/week for a car longer than 6m.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 90 today.
- Save US$ 60+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Croatia Family Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Croatia Family Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Croatia Family Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.