- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience Torres del Paine, one of the world's most beautiful national parks
- Visit the Magellanic penguins at Punta Tombo and the wildlife rich Valdez Peninsula
- Cruise the Beagle Channel in the footsteps of Charles Darwin
- Marvel at the magnificent Perito Moreno Glacier
The most comprehensive journey through Patagonia's famous National Parks in Chile and Argentina. Patagonia is one of the most dramatic mountain regions in the world - a rugged land of huge granite peaks soaring above the grasslands and beech forest. Our journey includes viewing the magnificent Perito Moreno Glacier, cruising the Beagle Channel, visiting the Magellan penguin colony at Punta Tombo and bird watching in the Tierra del Fuego National Park. We appreciate the stunning scenery from the comfort of our lodges, set deep in the national parks, taking in all the highlights of Patagonia. Our first few days are spent in Puerto Madryn, where the nearby Valdez Peninsula, a World Heritage site, teems with a multitude of wildlife including fur seals and sea lions. We then head to Ushuaia, the southern most city in South America, before continuing on to the national parks of Los Glaciares (Argentina) and Torres del Paine (Chile). Here we enjoy walks amongst granite peaks, whose reflections dominate the serene glacial lakes. We identify the multitude of bird life - geese, eagles, black-necked swans and the condor soaring above the grasslands and marvel at one of the world's most beautiful wilderness areas. The final stage of our journey involves a lakes crossing from Chile to Argentina, where we enjoy time in the picturesque town of Bariloche, (the Switzerland of Argentina).
Day 1 : Arrive Trelew, drive to Puerto Madryn
Day 2 : Valdez Peninsula
Day 3 : Fly from Trelew to Ushuaia
Day 4 : Beagle Channel cruise
Day 5 : In Tierra del Fuego
Day 6 : Fly from Ushuaia to Calafate
Day 7 : View Perito Moreno Glacier
Day 8 : Drive to El Chalten
Day 9-10 : Day walks to view Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre
Day 11 : Drive across the pampas to Puerto Natales
Day 12 : To Torres del Paine by boat on Serrano River, via Balmaceda Glacier
Day 13-14 : In Torres Del Paine, day walks
Day 15 : To Punta Arenas, fly to Puerto Montt, on to Petrohue
Day 16 : Lakes Crossing to Bariloche
Day 17 : In Bariloche, day walk
Day 18 : Fly to Buenos Aires, trip concludes
- Good quality hotel and lodge accommodation throughout
- 17 breakfasts, 9 lunches & 7 dinners
- Private transport, sightseeing & activities for group sizes of 6 or more people except days 6 to 14 where private transport is provided for groups of 8 or more
- All guide fees and national park entrance costs
- English speaking local guides
- Lakes crossing boat/bus trip
- Balmaceda boat trip
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Internal flights Trelew/Ushuaia, Ushuaia/Calafate, Punta Arenas/Puerto Montt and Bariloche/Buenos Aires (the domestic flights in Patagonia will be quoted separately as they can often change considerably and depend on the international airline that you fly with to South America. Certain airlines flying to South America offer special discounted fares for domestic flights if booked in conjunction with the international ticket. Domestic flights have become increasingly expensive, and rather than charge everyone a set amount, our intention is to find you the best possible domestic flight deal in conjunction with your international ticket. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details and a flight quote).
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Port taxes
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry and all beverages
- Travel insurance
- Visa costs
- Local tax in Bariloche (Ecotasa) - AR$30-60 per person
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 245+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Patagonia Parks & Wildlife tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Patagonia Parks & Wildlife tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Patagonia Parks & Wildlife tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.