- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover a stunning country with beautiful scenery and a fascinating culture
- Climb Bosnia's highest peak Mt Maglic (2,386m)
- Experience a very warm welcome from the local community
- Delve into the highlights of Sarajevo, Mostar and Dubrovnik, Croatia
Bosnia & Herzegovina is a beautiful country with swathes of rugged wilderness. The Sutjeska National Park is one such area and boasts one of Europe’s last primeval forests, as well as the mighty Durmitor Mountains. This itinerary includes all the essential elements: ascending Bosnia's highest peak, Maglic Mountain (2,386m), passing hidden waterfalls and glacial lakes and sightseeing in the beautiful cities of Sarajevo, Mostar and the Croatian town of Dubrovnik.
Day 1: Start Trebinje.
Day 2: Transfer to Sutjeska N.P. Walk to Donje Bare Lake, then through beech forest
to summit of Ugljesin Peak (1858m), with magnificent views of the Zelengora
Day 3: Ascent of Maglic Mountain (2,386m); walk over the border to Trnovacko Lake in
Montenegro before returning to hotel.
Day 4: Transfer to Sarajevo; city tour and free time explore.
Day 5: Short transfer in morning. Walk to summit of Crepoljsko (1,524m), Bukovik
(1,534m) and to the beautiful Skakavac Waterfall.
Day 6: Full day hike to Lukomir Highland village, Bosnia's highest village (1469m)
and summit of Obalj (1,896m).
Day 7: Half day walk through the beautiful Rakitnica Canyon, or optional rafting
along the Neretva River; transfer to Mostar.
Day 8: Morning in Mostar, visit iconic old bridge; afternoon transfer to Dubrovnik.
Day 9: End Dubrovnik.
- 8 nights hotels, all rooms have en suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches and 4 dinners included
- Transfers for group flights
- 5 days point-to-point and circular walks
- Group normally 5 to 15, plus leaders. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 2,386m, average 1880m
- Full porterage throughout
- Any international flights to Trebinje and from Dubrovnik are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Bosnia & Herzegovina tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 72+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Bosnia & Herzegovina tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 205 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 07 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Walking in Bosnia & Herzegovina tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Bosnia & Herzegovina tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.