A remote village located next to the rainforests of West Kalimantan is where my story begins. I was born there, and since that day my soul has been intertwined with Indonesia and all its beauty. While growing up here I've experienced the sheer diversity that this country has to offer, how every single village, town, and city is unique and has its own cultural story to tell and food to eat!
I have seen and done an incomprehensible number of things during my life here but where my passions truly lie are in the food, nature (hiking, trekking, swimming) and the people of this illustrious country. I've scaled many mountains, traversed through some of the most remote rainforests, swam across oceans, and eaten EVERYTHING, all the while chatting (ngobrol) away with the locals.
After finishing my IB diploma in Bali I wanted to explore the world and live in countries that were vastly different to what I was used to. I got a scholarship and then lived, studied and worked in Singapore, Dubai and Sydney for 6 years, where I gained a holistic understanding of the world outside of Indonesia and learned about myself and what I wanted to do in life. During this time, I still went back to Indonesia for my holidays and every time I did, I brought people with me and showed them the island or helped plan a holiday to give them the most authentic, personalized and unforgettable experience both in Bali and Indonesia.
Nick's Travel Expertise
Although the main areas would be Java, Kalimantan, and Bali, I am very well acquainted with practically every part of this country, as I was born here and lived here my entire life. I'm fluent in the language and mingle easily with the locals. My specialization is being able to create an authentic experience for anyone who comes to Indonesia for whatever reason. Our company specializes in creating tailor-made holiday/honeymoon experiences for people coming to Indonesia with a stronger focus on the island of Bali.
In terms of activities, personally, I have trekked in rainforests in Sumatra, Kalimantan, Java, and Bali. I’ve climbed almost every volcano in Indonesia and rafted in most of the rivers here in Bali and the ones in Java. If you’re into food, then you would like to know that I am also a chef with in-depth knowledge about the local cuisine.
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Wine tasting tours
- Segway tours
- Horseback riding
- Walking tours
- Desert safaris
- Cooking classes
- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Scuba diving
- Mountain biking
- Bicycle tours
- Day Tours and Excursions
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Food tours
- City sightseeing
- Food, wine, events and nightlife
- Sightseeing Tours
- Bird watching
- Bus tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Getaways and short breaks
- Spiritual or religious tours
- Surfing, kitesurfing etc.
- Zip lining
- Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking
- Motorcycle tours
- Marine wildlife
- Deserts and canyons
- National parks
- Road trips
- Scooter and electric bike tours
- Nature and bush walks
- Hot springs
- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Rainforest and jungle visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Culture shows and excursions
- Sport tours, venues or tickets
- Zoos and aquariums
- Classes and workshops
- Amusement, theme or water parks
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- Party and nightlife
- Local boat rides
- Shopping and markets
- Adventure and sport activities
- 4x4, quad and ATV trips
- Coffee and tea tours
- Wildlife, landscapes and nature
- Boat tours, water sports and marine wildlife
- Sightseeing, attractions, culture and history
- Air tours, road trips and transfers
- Beach, romance, getaways and relaxation
- Special interests and hobbies
- View More
Nick's best travel experience
How to choose one just memorable experience? I have met people from all walks of life and had the most intriguing, intense and in-depth conversations with people I'd meet only once. I have done and seen things that I had never dreamed of because the very idea seemed incomprehensible. Whenever I'm asked the question "what have been some of your best experiences in life" I am always tempted to let the Indonesian in me out and tell you my life story from start to finish! However, if I were to boil it down to the 3 things I'll never forget, then they would be:
1. Camping in the middle of the Liwa deserts. The feeling of being in complete silence and solitude while under the blanket of shooting stars is a peace I won't find anywhere else.
2. Visiting Bhutan. It was like stepping into a fairytale. Hiking to the Tigers Nest was the most spiritually enlightening thing I've done.
3. Watching the sunrise in Sanur on the beach at "my spot". Gets me every time, even if it's cloudy and there is no sun. I’m so grateful.
Why is Nick the right travel expert
Not only do I have local expert knowledge of everything Indonesian, but I love this country and it shows. After all, home is where the heart is and mine never left Indonesia. I'll help you experience true Indonesia by creating tailor-made holiday and honeymoon packages to ensure that you have a spectacular and prolific time while visiting. I’ll make sure that you fall in love with the only country I call home.