- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Trek through stunning coastal scenery
- Experience history, mythology and traditional Irish culture
- Enjoy the flexibility of walking with a daypack from village to village
- Soak up the atmosphere in the warm family run B&B’s
Experience on foot the history and natural beauty of Ireland's Dingle Peninsula. The Dingle Peninsula is one of the most spectacular regions on Ireland's West Coast. Moreover it is steeped in history, mythology and traditional Irish culture. There is no other landscape in Western Europe with the same density and variety of archaeological monuments. This mountainous finger of land, jutting into the Atlantic Ocean, has supported various tribes and populations for at least 6,000 years. It is impossible to visit the Dingle Peninsula and not be impressed by its archaeological heritage, which ranges from prehistoric times through the Early Christian period to the Middle Ages. There are plenty of small hamlets to enjoy good Irish cheer along the way and in the evenings you will stay at a selection of B&Bs, chosen for their good character, location and excellent Irish breakfasts.
Day 1 : Arrive Tralee
Day 2 : Begin walk on the Dingle Way to village of Camp (18km/11mi, 5.5hrs)
Day 3 : Walk to lively Annascaul (17km/10.5mi, 5hrs)
Day 4 : To Dingle via Minard Castle (20km/12.5mi, 6.5hrs)
Day 5 : Historic walk around Slea Head to Dunquin (19km/12mi, 5.5hrs)
Day 6 : Remote walk to the northern side of the Peninsula to Cloghane (22km/13.5mi, 6.5hrs)
Day 7 : Plateau walk to Annascaul (14km/8.5mi, 5hrs)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in B&Bs on a twinshare basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes, maps and tourist information per room booked
- 7 full Irish breakfasts - Irish breakfasts usually start with porridge or cereals followed by fried eggs, bacon / sausages, tomato, toast (or any combination you prefer), coffee, tea and juices. This is a great start to the walking day.
- Luggage transfer for 6 days of walking
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to Tralee and from Annascaul
- Dinner, lunch and drinks - during some walking days there will not be an opportunity to purchase lunch and we recommend that you pack a picnic lunch.
- Internal transfers by local bus or taxi
- Items of a personal nature
- Storage of luggage
- Travel insurance - mandatory
- Guide - this is a self guided tour
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 63 today.
- Save US$ 42+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Dingle Peninsula Walk tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Dingle Peninsula Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Dingle Peninsula Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.