- duration 17 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- Experience highlights of the Canadian Arctic and Greenland
- Visit traditional Inuit and Greenlandic communities
- View arctic wildlife, such as whales, walrus and muskoxen
- Explore the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
The fabled sea route connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, the Northwest Passage continues to grip our collective imagination. On this captivating 17-day voyage, we invite you aboard our game-changing new vessel, Ultramarine, to explore this fascinating waterway with an incredible range of on-board comforts and off-ship adventures no other vessel can offer. Passing through the Canadian Arctic archipelago, guests will journey back in time to the height of Arctic exploration, navigating the waters explored by sailors from different lands and visiting the sites that helped unlock the eventual discovery of this long-coveted route.
Aboard the technologically-advanced Ultramarine, you will explore this remarkable environment in unforgettable ways—taking advantage of two twin-engine helicopters, 20 quick-launching Zodiads, the most extensive portfolio of adventure options in the industry, more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than any other expedition ship its size—to create your quintessential Arctic experience. Marvel at highlights of the Canadian Arctic and Greenland’s stunning west coast, stopping at traditional Inuit and Greenlandic communities. Participate in included helicopter activities and take in the vast, pristine Arctic wilderness from the air. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site Ilulissat Icefjord, whose Jakobshavn glacier calves off icebergs up to a kilometer high. And keep your eyes peeled for the elusive and majestic creatures who make their home in this harsh, remote landscapes, such as whales, walrus, muskoxen and polar bears. Come aboard Ultramarine, venture to the fabled route that for centuries held explorers in its grip, and return home forever bonded to the spirit of Arctic adventure.
I'd recommend this trip to anyone I knew going to Antarctica who hasn't been there before and doesn't have extremely specific desires for wildlife that I didn't mention. It's fun, comprehensive, and the minimum commitment required for the adventure it offers.
This trip took place on the Ocean Endeavor, in early-mid February, on the West side of the Antarctic Peninsula.”
Day 1 : Arrive in Toronto, Canada
Day 2 : Fly to Resolute and Embark
Days 3 to 6 : Exploring Canada’s High Arctic
Days 7 and 8 : Exploring Smith Sound
Day 9 : Qaanaaq, Greenland
Day 10 : At Sea
Days 11 to 15 : Exploring West Greenland
Day 16 : Disembark in Kangerlussuaq & fly to Toronto
Day 17 : Depart Toronto, Canada
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northwest Passage: Epic High Arctic tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 2609 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 124 days before departure. For any departures within 28 February 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Northwest Passage: Epic High Arctic tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northwest Passage: Epic High Arctic tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.