- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 200
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spot incredible wildlife on land and on Zodiac excursions. Canada’s High Arctic is home to fantastic beasts like polar bears, musk oxen, narwhals and caribou.
- Traverse the waterways of the socalled Northwest Passage, with possible landings in Lancaster Sound, the Bellot Strait and Port Leopold Island.
- Discover the immense beauty of ancient glaciers, housesized icebergs, granite mountains and epic tundra that extends as far as the eye can see.
- With two helicopters on board, you’ll get the chance to take included flights to soar above the Arctic landscape and make landings at otherwise inaccessible areas.
Discover the essential heart of the Canadian High Arctic on this nine-day expedition, including five days spent exploring at sea. Spot musk oxen and polar bears among the otherworldly landscapes in places like Arctic Bay, Beechey Island and Croker Bay. Explore the heart of the fabled Northwest Passage and attempt to traverse the Bellot Strait, the narrow pass that wasn’t navigated by Europeans until 1937. Travel with an expert crew of seafarers, academics, scientists and locals who grew up in the region to get the most out of your journey.
Resolute – Embarkation Day
Canadian High Arctic
Resolute – Disembarkation – Toronto
- Expedition Voyage, comfortable hotel
- Ship , Zodiac , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Any international flights to/from Toronto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Canadian Arctic Express: The Heart of the Northwest Passage tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 475 today.
- Earn US$ 316+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Canadian Arctic Express: The Heart of the Northwest Passage tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 August 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Canadian Arctic Express: The Heart of the Northwest Passage tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Canadian Arctic Express: The Heart of the Northwest Passage tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- You will be supplied with an expedition parka and waterproof boots that are sturdy and warm. Please see the ‘Packing’ section of the Essential Trip Information for a detailed guide on what to bring with you.
- The plan is to hop into Zodiac boats quite regularly to explore and search for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac.
- Sturdy sea legs are needed for wet and dry landings by Zodiac, and you will hike on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure and, although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially in such a remote area.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers