- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 20 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 8+ years old
- max group size 20
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, muskoxen, walrus and whales
- Explore Canadian wildlife sanctuaries and the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit traditional settlements and meet Inuit and Greenlandic locals
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore icebergs, glaciers, fjords and more
On the Best of the Western Arctic: Canada and Greenland itinerary, you’ll explore the northerly shores of Canada’s Baffin Island and the western coast of Greenland, visiting local communities and searching for wildlife that inhabit this remote, mysterious realm. Zodiac cruising will give you one-of-a-kind perspectives of icebergs, glaciers and fjords. Community visits will reward you with insights into traditional and modern ways of life in the Western Arctic, and the rugged beauty of these pristine landscapes will leave you breathless, whether it’s the soaring cliffs of Sam Ford Fjord or the sculpted icebergs that dominate the Ilulissat Icefjord. In a wildlife-rich region such as this, it’s quite possible you’ll spot whales or catch a glimpse of one of the Arctic’s most iconic animals—the polar bear. The Arctic has been inspiring explorers for centuries, and our expeditions offer the chance for you to discover why. We’re excited to host you on your unforgettable adventure! Feel free to reach out to our team of Polar Travel Advisers or your travel professional, who can answer your questions and provide assistance at any time.
Day 1 : Arrive in Toronto, Canada
Day 2 : Embarkation Day in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland and Embark
Day 3 : At Sea
Days 4 to 6 : Exploring Baffin Island, Canada
Day 7 : At Sea
Days 8 to 11 : Lancaster Sound
Day 12 : Smith Sound
Days 13 and 14 : Exploring Northwest Greenland
Day 15 : At Sea
Days 16 to 18 : Exploring West Greenland
Day 19 : Disembark in Kangerlussuaq and Fly to Toronto
Day 20 : Depart Toronto, Canada
- Beer and house wine during dinner
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- Official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic/Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of the Western Arctic: Canada and Greenland tour. You can cancel the tour up to 125 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 124 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 January 2022, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 124 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of the Western Arctic: Canada and Greenland tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of the Western Arctic: Canada and Greenland tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Clean and healthy vessels that meet international certifications for infection prevention is ensured.
- For the duration of the expedition, you will be only interacting with your fellow pre-screened passengers and Quark Expeditions staff.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day.