- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 19+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover some fantastic seasonal and local brews, complete with recommendations from your beer geek tour guide
- Pay a visit to three unique and beloved Toronto pubs
- Meander through the iconic St Lawrence Market, chatting with vendors, admiring the products, and nabbing samples
- Explore the Distillery District, one of Toronto’s most historic and regenerated neighbourhoods
Through fire, war, depression, cholera, rebellion, and repression, beer has been there soothing the woes of Toronto's people. Join them in historic pubs and hear tales of years gone by over a craft beer on this Toronto tour that proves that beer does indeed make history better (like that was ever in doubt)!
Throughout its history, from the early 1800s, when Toronto was known as "York" to the modern metropolis it is today, the citizens of this city have used beer for refreshment and merrymaking. This Toronto beer tour is a historic walk through the streets of the old Toronto and an introduction to Canadian beer all rolled into one.
Your Toronto tour will start and end at local icons, visiting a few others in between. With a focus on craft beer made in Toronto and its surrounding regions, this beer tour is known to be one of the best things to do in Toronto. Throughout the tour, you’ll learn about what role beer has played through the decades in helping Torontonians cope with cholera, fire, war, depression, rebellion, muddy streets, general Victorian stuffiness, and decades of losing seasons by the Maple Leafs (of course).
This (now classic) beer tour in Toronto will visit a few unique and historical pubs, all with different atmospheres, patrons, servers, and, of course, beer selection. Your guide will be a verified beer geek, with a love and passion for beer that will be evident from the get go. They’ll be full of recommendations for you, and can easily help you navigate the river of local craft beers you’ll uncover along your journey. At each pub stop, a beer will be included, but you are welcome to purchase more if one’s just not enough!
Additionally, because we want to prove why high school history totally wasn’t as fun as this way of learning history, we will indulge you with some historical tales of early Toronto, hoping to give visitors and locals alike a new perspective on the city. Not just wanting to stick to beer, this Toronto tour will also make a stop at the historic St Lawrence Market, where you can sniff out samples (go for the mustard!), and discover why this place has such a solid place in the hearts of Torontonians.
We’ll cap off the tour in the Distillery District, an old industrial park and former whiskey factory that has been converted into a hub of art, culture, and cafes. It’s a rather photogenic part of the city, so be sure your camera isn’t out of batteries before you get here!
If you’re going to tour Toronto, we’re pretty sure this is the way to do it. Beer, history, urban icons, and funky neighbourhoods – can you really get much better than that?!
- Local English-speaking guide.
- A beer at each of the two pubs
- And a beer sampling at a brewery
- Additional beer and food
- tips & gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Beer Makes History Better tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 June 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beer Makes History Better tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beer Makes History Better tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
NW corner of Yonge St. and Front St, outside the Hockey Hall of FameMeeting end point :
The Distillery District.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.