- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 6
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-17966
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Swim with humpback whales; snorkelling; amazing beaches; scubadiving options; local island tours & history; blowholes & caves; cultural show and feast
This amazing Tonga tour gives you a once in a lifetime chance to swim with humpback whales as they visit these islands to breed, give birth and socialise in the beautiful clear waters. The tour includes 3 whale swimming safaris and time to relax and snorkel on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
The whales visit Tonga during a specific season between July and October and we run several group departures during this period. We can also arrange private and tailor-made tours on request if our group dates or itinerary don't work for you.
Day 1 : Arrive in Tonga, transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Fly to Ha'apai, free time
Day 3 : Swim with the Humpback whales
Day 4 : Day of rest and reflection in Tonga
Day 5 : Swim with the Humpback whales
Day 6 : Swim with the Humpback whales
Day 7 : Free day, optional island tour
Day 8 : Free day on Ha'apai
Day 9 : Fly to Tongatapu. Optional island tour, Tongan feast
Day 10 : Free day, transfer to airport
- 2 nights accommodation on Tongatapu
- 7 nights accommodation at the Ha'apai Beach Resort
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Domestic flight tickets
- 24-hour return airport transfers
- 3 boat trips to swim with the whales
- Wetsuits and snorkelling equipment
- Free half day stand up paddle board
- Free sea kayak hire
- Free bicycle hire
- International flights (available on request)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not included in this Itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses
- Optional island tours
- Any tips or gratuities for your tour leaders/guides
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Earn US$ 126+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tonga Whale Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 October 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 October 2022, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tonga Whale Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tonga Whale Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be recommended to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.