- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tokyo Sensoji Temple district and temple, Harajuku, Takeshita Street, Meiji Shrine and Shibuya Crossing
- Kamakura Big Buddha Statue, Hokokuji Zen Temple and the Bamboo Forest with its delightful village atmosphere. Opt to take part in a traditional tea ceremony
- Lake Kawaguchi located within Fuji Hakone Izu National Park Spectacular mountain scenery and views of famed Mt Fuji
- Staying in a ryokan Sampling Japanese hospitality, bathing in natural hot springs, wearing a Samue (casual Kimono) and sleeping on a futon
Experience the best of Japan and China. Marvel at the Terracotta Warriors, discover the Great Wall and view majestic Mt Fuji. Explore shrines, age-old temples and trendy cities, take in the Hutongs on a rickshaw ride in Beijing, explore the magnificent Forbidden City and meet a Geisha - all of this and more over 18 magical days.
Day: 1 Tokyo
Day: 2 Tokyo
Day: 3 Kamakura
Day: 4 Tokyo
Day: 5 Hakone
Day: 6 Kyoto
Day: 7 Kyoto
Day: 8 Kyoto
Day: 9 Beijing
Day: 10 Great Wall
Day: 11 Juyongguan Pass
Day: 12 Luoyang
Day: 13 Xi'an
Day: 14 Xi'an
Day: 15 Xi'an
Day: 16 Shanghai
Day: 17 Suzhou
Day: 18 Shanghai
- 17 nights 3 - 4 star accommodation (inclusive of 1 night in a traditional Japanese inn)
- 13 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners (inclusive of a Japanese dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi)
- Japan: Airport arrival transfer (by train) from Narita or Haneda International Airport on day 1. Departure transfer (unescorted) - by train or bus from Kyoto Station to Osaka Airports (ITM and KIX) on day 8
- China: Airport arrival transfer from Beijing Capital Airport on day 8 and departure transfer to Shanghai Airport on day 18
- All transportation and transfers - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica Swipe Card)
- Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi, Kyoto, Luoyang, Shanghai, Suzhou, Xi'an, Beijing and Badaling
- Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese/Chinese tour guide/s (for groups of 6 or more) and English speaking specialist guides at local sites
- Lake Kawaguchi and Mt Fuji - Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and Observatory. For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit to the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji as the backdrop
- Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise
- Suzhou - Historic Grand Canal cruise
- Xi’an - Bike ride on medieval City Wall
- Chinese acrobatic performance
- Rickshaw ride through Beijings' Hutongs
- Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person)
- International flight from Osaka - Beijing on day 8
- International flights and visa
- If you are opting to pay the single supplement, allowing you the privacy of your own room on this tour, a single room will be provided for all nights with the exception of day 5 (at Lake Kawaguchi), where single rooms are not available. For this night you will be matched up with a fellow tour member of the same gender
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$3-5 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: Japan USD$25-35pp, China USD$150-160pp, paid locally in local currency
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 343 today.
- Earn US$ 228+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tokyo to Shanghai - 18 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tokyo to Shanghai - 18 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tokyo to Shanghai - 18 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.