- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12-55 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the biggest city in the world, Tokyo
- Stay with a Japanese family in the countryside
- Make friends with Nara's freeroaming deer
- Explore the abandoned islands of Goto
The itinerary also includes a homestay, an experience that allows you to go beyond just visiting the country and gives you a more intimate understanding of Japanese life as you actually live with a local family.
From Tokyo’s futuristic neon lights to the rice fields of Izumo, and from Kyoto’s traditional setting and its ancient temples to the pristine beaches of the Goto Islands, this trip is meant for those that want to savour both the cultural heritage and natural beauty of this land.
We have chosen the best locations for you to have a wonderful time in Japan.
Day 1: Welcome to Japan!
Day 2: Discover Tokyo from all angles
Day 3: Enchanting Edo
Day 4: Travel into the future
Day 5: Homestay in the countryside of Japan
Day 6: Homestay in the countryside of Japan
Day 7: Meet a geisha
Day 8: Amanohashidate, the bridge to heaven
Day 9: Explore the deer-filled temples of Nara
Day 10: Take in the natural beauty of Arashiyama district
Day 11: The mysterious Goto islands
Day 12: Islands hidden in the sea
Day 13: Huis ten Bosch and Mount Inasa night view
Day 14: Explore Nagasaki, Japan's window to the world
- Hostel accommodations for 13 nights
- Activities as per the itinerary
- Transport for 16 days
- A tour guide for the entire trip
- Private room 3 days in Tokyo
- Private room on sleeper train
- Private room on ferry
- Graffiti lesson in Tokyo
- Go-kart tour in Tokyo
- All flights
- Visa application fees
- Travel insurance
- Pickup and drop-off service
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry and shopping
- All meals
- Save US$ 138+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
50% tour deposit. Free cancellation up to 120 days prior departure, but the 50% tour deposit is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 120 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 50% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 130 days prior departure. For any bookings within 130 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationAt Kichi Japan we pride ourselves on providing experiences with way more included activities than your average group trip. Expect to see and visit places many have never heard of before during this trip. You can also look forward to making new friends, both local and foreign, while traveling through some of Japan’s most beautiful destinations. While many tours advertise that they are taking you off of the beaten path, we actually deliver on that promise. This 14-day tour isn’t too physically demanding. There will be short hikes in Nagasaki, Kyoto, and a bike ride in Goto on Day 10. We’ll also travel on both an overnight train, and an overnight ferry during the trip. We try our best to minimize day time traveling, and maximize activity time by using these modes of transport. Please note that both the overnight train and ferry will be communal rooms. Below you will find a list of things that you should bring with you for this trip. A comfortable pair of hiking/walking shoes Spending money for food, and personal shopping Swimwear At least one set of warm clothes