- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Countryside and village visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-20878
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Explore Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima
- Visit the Sensoji Temple, the Skytree Observation Tower, the Edo Tokyo Museum in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, the Kinkakuji Temple, Fushimi Inari Shrine and Sanjusangen-do Hall in Kyoto, the Water Temple on Awaji Island, Zentsuji Temple, the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, the Peace Memorial Park and Museum in Hiroshima and Osaka Castle
- View Mt. Fuji
- See the traditional Gassho-zukuri houses in Gokayama, the beautiful gardens of Kenrokuen in Kanazawa
Embrace the timeless tradition and modern spirit of Japan’s iconic sites, from the neon skyline of Tokyo to the foodie hotspot of Osaka. Relax in the soothing hot springs of Kotohira, spend the night in a traditional ryokan and contemplate world peace in Hiroshima.
Day 1: Konnichiwa Tokyo
Day 2: Explore Vibrant Tokyo
Day 3: Off to the Five Lakes District
Day 4: Majestic Mt. Fuji and Timeless Takayama
Day 5: Experience Gokayama and on to Kanazawa Dive Into Culture Make Travel Matter
Day 6: Traditional Kanazawa
Day 7: Onwards to Kyoto Connect with Locals
Day 8: Discover Enchanting Kyoto
Day 9: Cross the Seto Inland Sea to Awaji Island Stays With Stories
Day 10: Spiritual Kotohira and Onwards to Hiroshima
Day 11: Set Sail for Miyajima Island Dive Into Culture
Day 12: High Speed Bullet Train to Osaka
Day 13: Sayonara Osaka
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Lunch (L)
- 3 Dinner (D)
- 2 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Optional Experiences and free time
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Hiroshima are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Splendours of Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 143+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Splendours of Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 64 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 February 2024, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 64 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Splendours of Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Splendours of Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.