- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Witness nearly 14,000 hooded and whitenaped cranes in Arasaki, Kyushu.Visit the enchanting, snowenveloped village of Shirakawago, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the tall, gableroofed GasshoZukuri architecture, which literally means "hands folded in prayer," is unique in Japan.Observe the celebrated spectacle of the snow monkeys that visit and soak in the thermal baths of Jigokudani, and enjoy the therapeutic properties of the hot springs at our lodge.Watch magnificent Steller's eagles and graceful whooper swans at lakes along the coasts of east Hokkaido, and search for the world's largest owl—Blakiston's fish owl. Led by Expedition Leader & Orthinologist, Mark Brazil
Extraordinary wildlife awaits on this Japanese adventure. As we explore islands from Hokkaido to Kyushu, you will enjoy sprawling cities, bright blue lakes, and active volcanoes in some of Japan’s lesser-visited beauty spots. The main event is of course the cranes and snow monkeys that call this wonderful set of islands home.Your guide, Dr. Mark Andrew Brazil is a conservationist, author, and journalist, particularly noted for his work on east Asian birds.
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo / Kagoshima / Kirishima
Day 3: Arasaki Crane Reserve
Day 4: Arasaki Crane Reserve
Day 5: Arasaki Crane Reserve / Nagoya / Shirakawa-go / Takayama
Day 6: Takayama / Kambayashi Onsen
Day 7-8: 7-8: Kambayashi Onsen / Jigokudani
Day 9: Kambayashi Onsen / Tokyo / Kushiro
Day 10-11: Kushiro Region
Day 12-13: Akan-Mashu National Park
Day 14: Rausu, Shiretoko Peninsula
Day 15: Shiretoko Peninsula / Yoroushi
Day 16: Yoroushi
Day 17: Yoroushi / Kushiro / Tokyo
Day 18: Depart Toyko
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners (including selected beverages with lunches and dinners)All accommodation,Arrival and departure transfers on trip start/end dates (Arrival transfers from Tokyo Narita to hotel & all departure tranfers must be requested and pre-booked with Exodus before departure)
- All transport and listed activities
- Specialist wildlife expedition leader Gratuities for tour leader, local guides, drivers and other contributions
- Domestic airfares within Japan
- Any international flights to/from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Snow Monkeys & Cranes of Japan with Mark Brazil tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Snow Monkeys & Cranes of Japan with Mark Brazil tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Snow Monkeys & Cranes of Japan with Mark Brazil tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Snow Monkeys & Cranes of Japan with Mark Brazil tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.