- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tokyo Explore the city's lively neonlit streets and visit the nearby Hakone National Park for a spectacular view of Mount Fuji
- Bullet Train Experience comfortable rail travel at an average speed of 174 mph
- Kyoto See the traditional side of Japan, with its stunning temples, immaculate Zen gardens and enigmatic geishas
- Tea with a geisha Enjoy Japanese tea with a geisha and learn about her art and her life
Explore Tokyo's neon-lit streets, discover Kyoto's tranquil temples and visit the site of the world's first atomic attack in Hiroshima. Travel away from the tourist trail to uncover the country's rural charm with a stay in a traditional ryokan on the beautiful island of Hirado. Tokyo - Explore the city's lively neon-lit streets and visit Hakone National Park for a spectacular view of Mount Fuji Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Reflect at the sites of the world's first atomic bomb attacks Tea with a geisha - Enjoy Japanese tea with a geisha and learn about her art and her life
We loved the way the route was based on the James Clavell book, Shogun. One of the scrolls in the Hirado museum tracked it exactly. And it was perfect ending with a view of the tombstone of William Adams, the Navigator the story is based on.”
Day 1 : Join tour in Tokyo
Day 2 : Walking tour through Tokyo's shrines and gardens
Day 3 : Boat ride on Lake Ashi; transfer to Hakone
Day 4 : Bullet train to Kyoto; explore the Geisha district
Day 5 : Explore Kyoto's temples and Zen gardens
Day 6 : Continue to explore traditional Kyoto
Day 7 : Reflect at Hiroshima Peace Park; train to Nagasaki
Day 8 : Take a walk though Dejima, Nagasaki's Dutch quarter
Day 9 : Drive through scenic tea plantations and ferry ride to Hirado Island
Day 10 : Full day to explore Hirado and Ikitsuki Islands
Day 11 : Sail among the '99 Islands' then travel to Fukuoka
Day 12 : Tour ends in Fukuoka
- 11 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 3 Dinner
- 8 nights comfortable hotel
- 3 nights simple ryokan
- Bus, Boat, Train
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Fukuoka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Shogun Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 270 today.
- Save US$ 180+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Shogun Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 513 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 25 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Shogun Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Shogun Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.