- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Marvel at the city lights of Tokyo during a guided tour, visit the sobering Hiroshima Peace Park and trace the steps of the Geisha around the alleyways of Kyoto.
- Soak up Japan’s natural beauty in mountainous Hakone and catch a glimpse of Mt Fuji, stroll around the stunning island of Miyajima and be amazed by the Japanese alps in the ancient village of Shirakawago.
- There’s no better way to get around Japan than the country’s famous railway system. Be impressed by the efficiency and ultramodernity as you zip from place to place with your included 7day Japan Rail Pass.
- Get to know Japan’s worldrenowned cuisine during a seafood cooking class, tours of vibrant local markets, a sake tasting session and a number of dinners at fantastic local restaurants.
Experience Japan’s perfect harmony of ancient tradition and modern way of life on a 12-day Premium adventure through the cultural heart of the country. Tokyo’s soaring skyscrapers give way to Hakone’s mountainous hot springs, while Takayama delights with its Edo-era beauty and Shirakawa-go immerses you in charming countryside life. Discover the intriguing cultural diversity of Kyoto and a passion for peace in Hiroshima. Travel with a local leader who will share the rich variety of their country as you visit temples, castles, shrines and holy mountains while mixing with locals and experiencing the real Japan.
Plenty to see and greatly organized.
Incredible guide who took us through a lot of the culture, history and day-to-day of this unique country.
Some infrastructure limitations, but nothing too bad when it comes to these unusual territories.”
- Hotel (10 nt), Hakone Feature Stay (1 nt)
- 11 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 4 Dinners
- Boat , Public Bus , Cable Car , Ferry , Metro , Bullet Train , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Tokyo - Welcome dinner
- Complimentary airport arrival shared shuttle bus
- Tokyo - Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo - Shibuya walking tour
- Tokyo - Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Tokyo - Sumida River Cruise
- Tokyo - Yoyogi Park
- Tokyo - Hama Rikyu Garden
- Tokyo - Tsukiji Outer Market
- Tokyo - Tsukiji market cooking class
- Hakone - Cable car/Ropeway
- Hakone - Lake Ashinoko boat cruise
- Takayama - Leader-led walking tour (with street food sampling)
- Takayama - Showa Museum
- Takayama - Shirakawago Village
- Takayama - Morning Market visit
- Hiroshima - Okonomiyaki dinner
- Hiroshima - Leader-led orientation walk
- Hiroshima - Miyajima Island day trip
- Miyajima - Itsukushima-jinja Shrine
- Hiroshima - Peace Park & A - Bomb Dome
- Hiroshima - Peace Museum
- Himeji - Himeji Castle
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)
- Kyoto - Daitokuji Temple
- Kyoto - Zen Buddhism meditation session
- Kyoto - Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Kyoto - Gekkei-kan Sake Brewery & tasting
- Kyoto - Final dinner
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 367 today.
- Earn US$ 244+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Japan is best to explore on foot. In fact, most travellers are surprised at how much distance they end up covering just exploring places on foot! Make sure your shoes are comfy and you are fit enough to spend most of each day on your feet.
- This trip travels primarily on public transport, as it is so efficient and convenient in Japan. Fast trains are used to move between cities, as well as public buses and metro. In order to make the travel easy, we have included luggage transfer (one piece of luggage) between destinations. But please ensure you are still packing light for the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description