- duration 3 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover the Japanese countryside on your own
- See stunning sceneries and charming villages
- Relax in a traditional hot springs at a Ryokan
Discover the incredible culture and bucolic beauty of Japan’s scenic Nakasendo Trail on this self-guided trek. See stunning nature, immerse yourself in Japanese small-town culture, and relax in the hot springs of a local Ryokan.
If doing camping, sleeping bags and matts are provided though this isn't communicated anywhere.
The trek itself is amazing. Hiking Poles are recommended
Views are incredible and worth the hard work.”
We didn't visit a cave, as was mentioned and I was under the impression we would visit the lakes by ourselves by spending some free hours there, but instead we were driven around from one lake to the other. This isn't a bad thing, as we got to see way more than expected, but it would've been nice to know how the day was going to go in advance.”
Day 1: Tokyo - Tsumago, Japan (Day 1: Tokyo - Tsumago, Japan)
Day 2: Tsumago - Nojiri, Japan (Day 2: Tsumago - Nojiri, Japan)
Day 3: Yabuhara - Tokyo, Japan (Day 3: Yabuhara - Tokyo, Japan)
- 2 nights in Japanese inns along the trail
- 2 Breakfast(s)
- 2 Dinner(s)
- Round trip train Tokyo - Nakasendo
- Train tickets for journeys on the Nakasendo Trail
- Active adventure
- 3-day self-guided trek
- Detailed day by day itinerary & walking instructions
- Topographical maps
- Local support by telephone
- Tour leader
- Airport transfers
- Local bus journey on Day 1
- Other meals/drinks
- Luggage forwarding
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 68 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 45 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 386 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 12 February 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Nakasendo Trail Self-Guided Trek 3D/2N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nakasendo Trail Self-Guided Trek 3D/2N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.