- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tokyo Sensoji Temple district and temple, Harajuku, Takeshita Street, Meiji Shrine and Shibuya Crossing
- Kamakura Big Buddha Statue, Hokokuji Zen Temple and the Bamboo Forest with its delightful village atmosphere. Opt to take part in a traditional tea ceremony
- Lake Kawaguchi located within Fuji Hakone Izu National Park Spectacular mountain scenery and views of famed Mt Fuji
- Staying in a ryokan Sampling Japanese hospitality, bathing in natural hot springs, wearing a Samue (casual Kimono) and sleeping on a futon
On this wonderful 12 day group tour of Japan you’ll not only take in the highlights of Tokyo and Kyoto, but you’ll also have the opportunity to visit historic Hiroshima, Miyajima Island with its iconic Torii Gate and the towering Himeji Castle. What’s more, you’ll sample Japanese hospitality at a ryokan where you can bathe in natural hot springs.
Day: 1 Tokyo
Day: 2 Toyko - Senjoji Temple District, Harajuki & Shibuya
Day: 3 Kamakura
Day: 4 Tokyo
Day: 5 Mt Fuji & Lake Kawaguchi
Day: 6 Kyoto
Day: 7 Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time
Day: 8 Himeji
Day: 9 Miyajima
Day: 10 Hiroshima
Day: 11 Kyoto
Day: 12 Osaka
- 11 nights 3 star accommodation (including 1 night at a traditional ryokan (Japanese Inn)
- 7 breakfasts and 1 Japanese dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi ryokan
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1 (by train) from Narita or Haneda International Airport
- Departure transfer on day 12 (unescorted) - by train or bus from Kyoto Station to Osaka Airports (ITM and KIX)
- All transportation - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica Swipe Card and Japan Rail Pass)
- Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi, Kyoto, Himeji, Hiroshima and Miyajima Island
- Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese tour guide until day 10
- Lake Kawaguchi and Mt Fuji - Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and Observatory. For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit to the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji in the distance
- Ferry to Miyajima Island and cable car to the top of Mt Misen
- Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person)
- International flights and visa
- If you are opting to pay the single supplement, allowing you the privacy of your own room on this tour, a single room will be provided for all nights with the exception of day 5 (at Lake Kawaguchi), where single rooms are not available. For this night you will be matched up with a fellow tour member of the same gender
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$3-5 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: USD$40-50pp, paid locally in local currency
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 250 today.
- Earn US$ 166+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Land of the Samurai - 12 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 22 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Land of the Samurai - 12 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Land of the Samurai - 12 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.