- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 20+ yrs
- age_requirement 20+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy happy hour at a Japanese izakayastyle eatery
- Stroll through Tokyo’s most popular alleyway full of food, snacks and bars, and see where locals eat and drink after hours
- Learn how Kabukicho, Shinjuku’s red light district, became home to over 3,000 shops, bars and restaurants
- Say kanpai (cheers) over drinks in one of Golden Gai’s cosy bars that seat only eight people at a time
With over 100,000 restaurants and bars to choose from, picking where to eat and drink in Tokyo is a deliciously overwhelming challenge! Join us on this evening tour that takes you drinking and snacking through Shinjuku, Tokyo’s entertainment town. Shinjuku has been deemed the place to be when the sun goes down by visitors and Tokyoites alike so it won’t get more local than this!
Shinjuku, Tokyo’s entertainment town, is where locals go to grab a bite and a drink after dark. And we’re joining them on this drink tour that’ll introduce you to local nightlife. Our evening will kick off at a Japanese izakaya-style eatery for happy hour. As is a favourite pastime for many Japanese, you’ll start the night off spending some leisurely time chatting with your fellow tourmates over drinks and snacks.
Once we’re warmed up, we’ll meander through Omoide Yokocho, a collection of alleyways full of tiny bars and eateries. Get a peek at the different types of food joints the locals usually eat at, from yakitori restaurants and soba shops to cafes and bars. Should you like to come visit again on your own time, Omoide Yokocho can be a great place to sit and eat elbow-to-elbow with the businessmen and see how they unwind after working hours.
Our tour takes us onward to Kabukicho, an area full to the brim with over 3,000 shops, restaurants, nightclubs, karaoke and the like. Awash in bright neon lights, Kabukicho is one of Tokyo’s most photogenic areas. With streets filled with people and music blaring from every corner, you’re sure never to have a boring evening in Kabukicho!
The evening will end in Golden Gai, a compact neighbourhood full of tiny bars that can usually only seat six to eight people at a time. It is here in Shinjuku’s most popular drinking spot where we’ll pop into one of your guide’s favourite bars and say kanpai (cheers!) over more drinks.
From here, your guide can either give you directions back to your hotel or next destination, or leave you chatting through the night with new friends.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Assorted snacks
- Two drinks.
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs or other items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Kanpai Tokyo: Shinjuku Drinks and Neon Nights tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Kanpai Tokyo: Shinjuku Drinks and Neon Nights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Kanpai Tokyo: Shinjuku Drinks and Neon Nights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Shinjuku Sanchome Station, exit C8, in front of the BYGS Building. Shinjuku Sanchome Station is accessible by three subway lines: Toei Subway Shinjuku Line, Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line andTokyo Metro Marunouchi Line. Meeting end point :
Golden Gai.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.