- duration 16 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Explore old and modern neighbourhoods of Tokyo
- Visit the old castle town of Hirosaki and the first Westernstyle fortress in Hakodate
- Cruise secluded Matsushima Bay, one of Japan’s top three scenic spots
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage shrines and temples of Nikko
A captivating journey to the rugged region of northern Japan. Northern Japan is a truly first-class destination for those with a taste for natural beauty, legendary hospitality and the subtlety of Japanese culture. We will visit the famous World Heritage shrines and temples of Nikko, explore the unique culture and history of Sado Island in the Sea of Japan and cruise pine-covered islands in Matsushima Bay. We visit the old castle town of Hirosaki, enjoy the lively atmosphere of the young city of Sapporo in Hokkaido. Along the way we’ll have plenty of time to soak in natural hot springs, sample an amazing array of fresh local foods and learn more about Japanese culture, history and heritage. No trip to Japan is complete without a visit to Mount Fuji,and so we end our journey with a visit to the beautiful Five Lakes region to view this iconic snow capped peak. Mention to the residents of Japan’s southern cities that you are going to visit the northern country and watch their eyes glimmer with envy!
Day 1 : Join in Tokyo
Day 2 : Kamakura day trip
Day 3 : Sightseeing in Tokyo, train to Nikko
Day 4 : Shrines & Temples in Nikko
Day 5 : Transfer to Sado Island
Day 6 : On Sado Island
Day 7 : Transfer to Sapporo, Hokkaido
Day 8 : Sights of Sapporo
Day 9 : Transfer to Hakodate
Day 10 : Hakodate and surrounding area
Day 11 : Transfer Hakodate to Hirosaki
Day 12 : Hirosaki
Day 13 : Transfer to Matsushima
Day 14 : Cruising Matsushima Bay
Day 15 : To Mt Fuji
Day 16 : Morning at Mt Fuji, return to Tokyo where trip concludes
- Comfortable well located hotel/traditional inns
- 15 breakfasts and 7 dinners
- Internal flight Niigata/Sapporo valued at USD$363
- Expert bilingual guide
- Japan Rail Pass - for use from day 3
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- Airport transfers
- Sightseeing, optional activities and entry fees not listed in itinerary
- City bus and subway fares (nominal amounts)
- Items of a personal nature such as beverages, laundry and postage
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Visa costs
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 281 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 187 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 321 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 30 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Japan Northern Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Northern Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.