- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Soar high above Lake Ashi and (on a clear day) get a glimpse of glorious Mt Fuji on a ride on the Hakone ropeway.
- Be impressed by the efficiency and ultra modernity of Japan’s bullet trains as you zip from place to place with your included 14day Rail Pass.
- Explore traditional Japanese culture in Edoperiod Takayama and visit a folk village, tour a 600yearold market and a enjoy a sake brewery tasting.
- Visit the Peace Park for moving insight into the devastation of the atomic bomb in Hiroshima, then cruise to peaceful Miyajima Island where wild deer roam the streets.
This 13-day tour of Japan will introduce you to the cultures – old and new – that define this small but influential archipelago. Beginning in tech-mecca Tokyo and finishing with three nights in Kyoto, this immersive tour will also introduce you to lesser-known cities through Japan’s centre and southern reaches. Discover scenic beauty on the Hakone ropeway, sip the best sake in Takayama, find out about the Hiroshima of today and wonder at the floating torii gate of Miyajima. You’ll have a local to guide you through these lesser-known destinations and reveal layers of culture and history, plus an included Japan Rail Pass to get from A to B in style and comfort.
Tokyo - Nikko
Miyajima - Hiroshima
- Hotel (1 nt), Ryokan (11 nts)
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Boat , Public Bus , Cable Car , Ferry , Metro , Bullet Train , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Nikko - Toshogu Shrine
- Hakone - Cable car/Ropeway
- Hakone - Lake Ashinoko boat cruise
- Takayama - Hida Folk Village
- Takayama - Market visit
- Takayama - Sake brewery tasting
- Hiroshima - Peace Park & A - Bomb Dome
- Hiroshima - Peace Museum
- Hiroshima - Miyajima Island
- Himeji - Himeji Castle
- Kyoto - Temple/Shrine entrance (2)
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 166+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- We think Japan is best explored on foot, so this tour involves lots of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
- In some destinations you may be staying in a ryokan, which is a Japanese-style inn. It’s a great taste of tradition, however not everyone finds futon mattresses on the tatami-mat floor, small bathrooms and close proximity to other guests comfortable. Read more about ryokans in the ‘Accommodation’ section of the Essential Trip Information. For some departures, we may change the ryokan stay into hotels depending on seasonal availability. Please consult your booking agent if you need more details.
- Be prepared to pack light and smart for this trip as you'll be required to carry your own luggage between train stations and to hotels, which can include going up and down multiple flights of stairs in crowded areas.
- If you want to travel to Japan in winter, why not check out our Japan: Land of the Snow Monkeys tour? It’s a similar itinerary that operates during the quieter months. Enter code CJSS on the website for more.
- Miyajima's floating torii gate has been under renovation since June 2019 and is covered by semi-transparent scaffolding. A bridge is being built on the left side of the gate to aid the renovation works. These works are ongoing with no set date for completion.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description