- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Soar high above Lake Ashi and (on a clear day) get a glimpse of glorious Mt Fuji on a ride on the Hakone ropeway.
- Be impressed by the efficiency and ultra modernity of Japan’s bullet trains as you zip from place to place with your included 14day Rail Pass.
- Explore traditional Japanese culture in Edoperiod Takayama and visit a folk village, tour a 600yearold market and a enjoy a sake brewery tasting.
- Visit the Peace Park for moving insight into the devastation of the atomic bomb in Hiroshima, then cruise to peaceful Miyajima Island where wild deer roam the streets.
This 13-day tour of Japan will introduce you to the cultures – old and new – that define this small but influential archipelago. Beginning in tech-mecca Tokyo and finishing with three nights in Kyoto, this immersive tour will also introduce you to lesser-known cities through Japan’s centre and southern reaches. Discover scenic beauty on the Hakone ropeway, sip the best sake in Takayama, find out about the Hiroshima of today and wonder at the floating torii gate of Miyajima. You’ll have a local to guide you through these lesser-known destinations and reveal layers of culture and history, plus an included Japan Rail Pass to get from A to B in style and comfort.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Tokyo - Nikko
Miyajima - Hiroshima
- Hotel (1 nt), Ryokan (11 nts)
- 2 Breakfast, 2 Dinner
- Boat , Public Bus , Cable Car , Ferry , Metro , Bullet Train , Train
- Nikko - Toshogu Shrine
- Hakone - Cable car/Ropeway
- Hakone - Lake Ashinoko boat cruise
- Takayama - Hida Folk Village
- Takayama - Market visit
- Takayama - Sake brewery tasting
- Hiroshima - Peace Park & A - Bomb Dome
- Hiroshima - Peace Museum
- Hiroshima - Miyajima Island
- Himeji - Himeji Castle
- Kyoto - Temple/Shrine entrance (2)
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 156 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 57 days before departure. For any departures within 24 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan: Land of the Rising Sun tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Last modified (date)
Is this trip right for you
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Finish point description
Alternate Finish point description