- City sightseeing
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Savour local flavours from Tokyo to Kyoto with chances to try all kinds of sumptuous street food, sake, snacks and other surprises – including the best sushi, of course.
- Relax on a short cruise down the Sumida River in Tokyo, taking in the sights of iconic buildings and alighting at the delightful urban oasis of Hama Rikyu gardens.
- The coastal city of Kamakura offers a variety of experiences – ancient statues, hiking through lush green and past halfhidden temples, views of Mt Fuji and plenty of time to relax beachside.
- With your local leader to show you the way, you’ll not only see the hotspots like Tokyo’s Shibuya and Kyoto’s Fushimi InariTaisha, but you’ll go behind the tourist map to local neighbourhoods and places less visited.
Home of the sumo, the geisha, sake, karaoke, onsen and izakaya – Japan is a true feast for all of your senses. Spend seven days covering the hotspots of this enchanting land, from the bright lights of Tokyo to the cultural capital in Kyoto. In two of Japan’s major cities, you’ll be walking through the quirky neighbourhoods and eating all the street food you can handle! Stop by the charming coastal town of Kamakura to break up your high-speed Shinkansen journey – beachside and close to Mt Fuji. Thousands of years of history distilled in a country so visually pleasing – come and discover Japan’s highlights yourself.
- Hotel (6 nts)
- Public Bus , Metro , Local Train , Bullet Train
- An expert tour leader
- Tokyo - welcome meeting and orientation walk
- Tokyo - Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo - Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Tokyo - Shibuya walking tour
- Tokyo - Sumida River Cruise
- Tokyo - Hama Rikyu Garden
- Kamakura – Daibutsu temple trail
- Kamakura – Enoden line historic train
- Kyoto - Gion District walk
- Kyoto - Nishiki-Koji Market
- Kyoto - Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 95+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Japan is best to explore on foot – in fact most travellers are surprised at how much distance they end up covering just exploring places when walking! Make sure your shoes are comfy and you are fit enough to spend most of each day on your feet.
- Be prepared to pack light and smart for this trip as you'll be required to carry your own luggage between train stations and to hotels, which can include going up and down multiple flights of stairs in crowded areas.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers