- City sightseeing
- Museum and gallery visits
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 5-99 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-21321
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- 4 Dinner (D)
- 9 Breakfast (B)
- Visit the Tokyo Metropolitan Observatory, Sensoji Buddhist Temple and Nakamise shopping street at Asakusa and the Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine
- View Mt. Fuji and Lake Ashi from the Komagatake Ropeway
- Drive up to the 5th Station for panoramic views
- Visit Kinkakuji Temple, Heianjingu shrine and a traditional Japanese handicraft centre
- Visit the Bikan Historical Quarter
- Visit Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima island, and the Peace Memorial Park and Museum
- Visit Himeji Castle and a sake brewery en route to Osaka
- Bullet Train Tokyo Kyoto
- Show more
Experience the many contrasts of Japan, from the modern metropolis of Tokyo to the spectacular beauty of Mt. Fuji and magical Kyoto with its stunning temples and colourful Geisha district. From travelling by bullet train and seeing the cherry blossoms bloom in the springtime, on this 10-day trip you’ll gain an understanding of what makes Japan such an unmissable travel destination.
Day 1: Arrive Tokyo (3 Nights)
Day 2: Tokyo Sightseeing
Day 3: Mt. Fuji and Hakone Sightseeing
Day 4: Tokyo - Kyoto (2 Nights)
Day 5: Kyoto Free Day
Day 6: Kyoto - Kurashiki - Hiroshima (2 Nights)
Day 7: Hiroshima Sightseeing
Day 8: Hiroshima - Himeji (1 Night)
Day 9: Himeji - Osaka (1 Night)
Day 10: Depart Osaka
- Cherry picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Many meals and daily breakfasts included
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
- Bullet Train Tokyo - Kyoto
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- City orientation tours
- Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Osaka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Japan Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 April 2023, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- We ask that you pack any personal protective equipment and sanitisers you require.
- You will be required to adopt physical distancing and hygiene practices throughout your pre-trip travel arrangements and follow all health instructions.
- COVID-19 requirements vary from country to country and region to region and you may be required to be fully vaccinated and provide evidence of vaccination. Evidence of negative COVID tests may also be required.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
Do people in Japan speak English?
Estimates show that less than 30 percent of the Japanese population speak English at any level, with less than 5 percent being fluent speakers. So, the likelihood of encountering a fluent speaker on a random Japanese street is quite low. Most people working in tourist areas do understand simple English phrases, and most signboards, instructions, and menus in these areas are in both Japanese and English. Outside of these places, you will need a lot of hand gestures to get by.
How to plan an Asia tour?
Asia is a relatively large continent, so there are a wide variety of destinations to explore. Therefore, if you are planning a multi-country trip to Asia, the first thing you need to prepare is the list of countries you are interested in along with your starting and ending points. You would also need to decide on the best time for your trip depending on seasonal variations that affect each country.
After finalizing when and where to travel in Asia, you should make arrangements for all the necessary travel documents. These would include visas, insurances, Covid-19 test reports, vaccine cards, and so on.
- What is the best time to visit Japan?
Which countries should I visit in Asia?
Asia has more than enough destinations to meet every traveler’s needs and desires. If you are into adventure, look no further than the mighty Himalayas. Go on an exhilarating hike to the base camp of Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world, or head for the Indian states of Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh instead. Thailand, with its blend of dazzling nightlife, rich history, and striking monuments, is the perfect destination not just for those who wish to let their hair down but also for travelers looking forward to being part of a memorable cultural experience.
Go on a tour to Cambodia, home to the monumental Angkor Wat, if you are into off-the-beaten-path destinations, or choose a Japan tour if you wish to discover how traditions and modernity can be seamlessly blended. The Maldives, with its numerous islands and beaches, is sure to provide you with countless opportunities to kick back on sandy stretches, swim in turquoise waters, and go island-hopping, while the rainforests of Malaysia and Indonesia are a haven for wildlife enthusiasts.