- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bullet Train to Hakone
- Hakone Outdoor Museum
- Historic Takayama
- Kyoto: Temples & shrines
On our Japan by Rail tour you will see why Japan is the quintessential study in contrast and contradiction.
Japanese culture stretches back millennia, yet has adopted (and created) some of the latest modern fashions and trends.
Its cities are as modern and high tech as anywhere else, but tumbledown wooden shacks can still be spotted next to glass fronted designer condominiums.
In the middle of a modern skyscraper you might discover a sliding wooden door that leads to a traditional chamber with tatami mats, calligraphy, and a tea ceremony.
Such juxtapositions are cause for many surprises and very little boredom for any visitor to Japan.
Day : 1 Arrival in Tokyo
Day : 2 Tokyo: City Tour
Day : 3 Tokyo & Kamakura
Day : 4 Tokyo - Lake Ashi - Hakone
Day : 5 Hakone - Train to Takayama
Day : 6 Takayama: City Tour
Day : 7 Takayama - Train to Kyoto
Day : 8 Kyoto: City Tour
Day : 9 Kyoto & Nara
Day : 10 Kyoto: Nijo Castle & Leisure time
Day : 11 Kyoto - Train to Hiroshima
Day : 12 Hiroshima & Miyajima
Day : 13 Hiroshima - Train to Kagoshima & Sakurajima Island
Day : 14 Kagoshima & Ibusuki
Day : 15 Kagoshima - Train to Nagasaki
Day : 16 Nagasaki & Mt Unzen
Day : 17 Nagasaki: City Tour
Day : 18 Nagasaki - Saga Prefecture - Fukuoka
Day : 19 Fukuoka: City Tour
Day : 20 Departure
- 219 Breakfast
- 215 Dinner
- 6 Lunch
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Fukuoka are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this JAPAN-BY-RAIL tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 244+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this JAPAN-BY-RAIL tour. You can cancel the tour up to 91 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 90 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 April 2021, a deposit of 500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 90 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
JAPAN-BY-RAIL tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this JAPAN-BY-RAIL tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This trip will adhere to local authorities’ requirements on group sizes. Group sizes will be reduced or spilt throughout the tour duration or on some days to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are in line with the recommendations from the World Health Organization and which furthermore follows the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines