- Active and outdoor
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore Hakone, the gateway to Mount Fuji
- Experience the timeless traditions of Japan in Tokyo
- Cycle around Kyoto like a local
- Discover the historical cities of Hiroshima and Osaka
Immerse yourself in the amazing culture, culinary delights, technological wonders and enchanting natural beauty of Tokyo and Kyoto in this epic tour. Explore the many sides of Tokyo, learn to make sushi, visit ancient temples & palaces, chill on the beach, admire Mt. Fuji from a pirate ship, travel in a bullet train, walk through a bamboo forest and more on this Japanese adventure.
Day 1: Tokyo, Japan
Day 2: Tokyo, Japan
Day 3: Tokyo, Japan
Day 4: Tokyo, Japan
Day 5: Tokyo - Kamakura, Japan
Day 6: Kamakura - Hakone, Japan
Day 7: Hakone - Kyoto, Japan
Day 8: Kyoto, Japan
Day 9: Kyoto, Japan
Day 10: Kyoto - Hiroshima, Japan
Day 11: Hiroshima, Japan
Day 12: Hiroshima - Osaka, Japan
Day 13: Osaka - Kyoto, Japan
- 12N in shared accommodation: hostels, guesthouses, capsule hostels and a traditional Ryokan
- 4N in Tokyo
- 1N in Kamakura
- 1N in Hakone
- 3N in Kyoto
- 2N in Hiroshima
- 1N in Osaka
- All transfers as per itinerary
- Train to Kamakura
- Boats and trains to Lake Ashi
- Bullet train Kyoto
- Bullet train to Hiroshima
- Bullet train to Osaka
- Bullet train back to Kyoto
- Natural, cultural, gastronomic and city expeditions
- Visits to landmarks, museums, shrines and historical sites (as per itinerary)
- Sushi lesson
- Lake Ashi Pirate Ship cruise
- Hakone sightseeing cruise
- Hakone Ropeway
- Sake tasting session
- Hozugawa River boat trip
- Kyoto bike tour
- English speaking guide
- Other Meals/Drinks
- Optional Activities
- Airport transfers
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for Guides
- Personal Expenses
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Japan Backpacker Adventure 13D/12N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 September 2021, a deposit of 30% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Japan Backpacker Adventure 13D/12N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Japan Backpacker Adventure 13D/12N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Please note, if you have a different kind of visa to the standard temporary visa then you will be liable to an additional charge for your JR Pass.
Please take note if you wish to use your own camera/phone to take photos and videos that is absolutely fine. However, the drones may not be allowed.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols