- duration 14 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Visit the hot spring town of Hakone and enjoy breathtaking view of Mount Fuji
- Discover the serene gardens, temples, imperial palaces and traditional houses of Kyoto
- Experiencem Japanese culture with a stay at a traditional ryokan in Takayama
- Enjoy a guided cycling tour through the rice fields and villages of Hida Mountains
Your Highlights of Japan tour starts in of Tokyo where you will get to experience the towering skyscrapers and bright lights of Shinjuko, the tranquil Imperial Palace Gardens and the historic district of Akakusa.
From Tokyo, take a bullet train to Odawara where you will transfer to your accommodation in the mountains near the hot spring town of Hakone which is known for its natural beauty and its spectacular views across Lake Ashinoko of the majestic Mount Fuji.
Next take a bullet train to the ancient capital of Kyoto where you can discover the geisha-famed streets of Gion, Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, peaceful parks and gardens, imperial palaces, and traditional wooden houses.
Your next destination is Kanazawa where you cantake some time to visit Kenrokuen, Japan’s most beautiful landscaped garden, and join a three-hour Japanese cooking course. From here, head on to rural Japan where you can discover the picturesque mountain villages of Hida, before returning to Tokyo for your final night.
Day 1: Arrival in Tokyo
Day 2: Private tour of Tokyo
Day 3: Optional day trip from Tokyo
Day 4: Tokyo - Hakone
Day 5: Hakone tour
Day 6: Hakone - Kyoto
Day 7: Kyoto tour
Day 8: Optional day tour from Kyoto
Day 9: Kyoto - Kanazawa
Day 10: Japanese Cooking Experience
Day 11: Kanazawa - Takayama
Day 12: Hida Satoyama tour
Day 13: Takayama - Tokyo
Day 14: Departure from Tokyo
- Pick-up and drop-off form the airport
- Accommodations as stated in the itinerary
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Excursions and activities as stated in the itinerary
- Expert English speaking guides
- An IC (Manaca) Transport Card with 2500 Yen credit
- 3-Day Hakone Freepass
- 14-Day Japan Rail Pass (Ordinary Class)
- International flights
- Visas and travel insurance
- Optional activities and excursions
- Earn US$ 182+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.