- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 16-95 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-19063
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- An 8-day trip through beautiful Japan's highlights where modernity meets tradition
- An unforgettable journey from Tokyo's high rise neon to the peaceful temples of Kyoto
- Try street food in Osaka and look out for snow monkeys bathing in hot springs
From the bright lights of Tokyo to the tranquil temples of Kyoto, this fast-paced tour explores Japan's highlights. We take time to reflect at Hiroshima, site of the world's first atomic attack before visiting the holy island of Miyajima, dotted with beautiful temples and free roaming deer. In Osaka we try street food and in Kyoto we relax in perfectly manicured Zen gardens.
Tokyo - Explore the traditional temples of Asakusa
Kyoto - Discover the temples and gardens of Japan's Imperial Capital
Jigokudani Onsen - Watch the famous snow monkeys bathing in the hot springs
Day 1 : Tour begins in Tokyo
Day 2 : Explore Tokyo’s neon streets and peaceful gardens
Day 3 : Bullet train to Kanazawa via the snow monkeys of Jigokudani
Day 4 : Explore Kanazawa. Train to Osaka for street food tour
Day 5 : Travel by train to Hiroshima and experience the poignant Peace Park and Peace Museum
Day 6 : Take the Bullet train to Kyoto and explore Nijo Castle
Day 7 : Explore Kyoto's temples and gardens - full day tour with local guide
Day 8 : Tour ends in Kyoto
- 7 Breakfasts, 3 Dinners
- Kanzashi Tokyo Asakusa Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Torifito Kanazawa (1 night)
- Shin-Osaka Washington Hotel Plaza (1 night)
- Daiwa Roynet Hiroshima (1 night)
- Via Inn Prime Kyotoeki Hachijoguchi (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 134+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 April 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 April 2024, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.