- Active and outdoor
- Train tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tokyo Explore the traditional temples of Asakusa
- Kyoto Discover the temples and gardens of Japan's Imperial Capital
- Miyajima View the floating tori gates and explore the Itsukushima Shrine
- Himeji Visit the White Egret Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
From the bright lights of Tokyo to the tranquil temples of Kyoto, this fast-paced tour explores Japan's highlights. We take time to reflect at Hiroshima, site of the world's first atomic attack before visiting the holy island of Miyajima, dotted with beautiful temples and free roaming deer. In Osaka we try street food and in Kyoto we relax in perfectly manicured Zen gardens. Tokyo - Explore the traditional temples of Asakusa Kyoto - Discover the temples and gardens of Japan's Imperial Capital Jigokudani Onsen - Watch the famous snow monkeys bathing in the hot springs
Day 1 : Tour begins in Tokyo
Day 2 : Explore Tokyo’s neon streets and peaceful gardens
Day 3 : Travel on the bullet train to Nagano and meet the snow monkeys of Jigokudani
Day 4 : Explore Kanazawa
Day 5 : Travel by train to Hiroshima and experience the poignant Peace Park and Peace Museum
Day 6 : Take the Bullet train to Kyoto and explore Nijo Castle
Day 7 : Explore Kyoto's temples and gardens
Day 8 : Tour ends in Kyoto
- Hotel Sunroute Asakusa (2 nights)
- Garden Hotel Kanazawa (1 night)
- Rihga Place Higobashi (1 night)
- Washington Hotel Hiroshima (1 night)
- Hotel Elcient Kyoto (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 3 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Tokyo and from Kyoto are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Japan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 127+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Japan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Japan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Japan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.