- Food tour
- City sightseeing
- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discover the culture of Tokyo on a private guided tour
- See the Unesco World Heritage sites of Japan’s ancient capital, Kyoto
- Join a street food tour with a local guide in Osaka & try octopus dumplings
- Spend a night at a Buddhist temple in Mount Koya, one of Japan's most sacred mountains
Head for the charming town of Matsumoto next. Located in the Japanese Alps, Matsumoto is where the famous Black Crow Castle is. See the castle and feel free to explore Nakamachi Street, lined with old merchant houses reminiscent of a bygone Japan. Enjoy a guided, sake-tasting experience and learn how to make soba noodles.
Continue your journey to Kyoto, Japan’s ancient capital, home to 17 Unesco World Heritage sites, and explore the geisha district of Gion. From Kyoto you’ll visit the surreal Naoshima, where you’ll stay at Benesse House, a modern art museum and hotel, and get the chance to discover its incredible art, architecture and sculptures.
Your next destination is Osaka, a bustling city known for its modern architecture, nightlife and delicious street food. You’ll join a street food tour with a local guide in the city and get the opportunity to try octopus dumplings and other local delicacies.
Venture off-the-beaten track and head to Mount Koya, your final destination and a sacred Buddhist pilgrimage site. Get an authentic insight into Japan’s Buddhist culture with a stay at Shojoshin-in, one of the oldest temples in the mountain. Return to Osaka to spend your last night at Osaka Marriott Miyako, a luxury hotel located in Japan's tallest building.
Please note that guides will be available on this tour only during included sightseeing trips and activities. You will have to travel between the destinations on your own. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Arrive in Tokyo & transfer to your hotel
Day 2: Private tour of tokyo
Day 3: teamLab Borderless digital art exhibition
Day 4: Tokyo – Matsumoto
Day 5: Matsumoto – Takayama
Day 6: Free day in Takayama & sake tasting in the evening
Day 7: Takayama – Kyoto
Day 8: Private, guided tour of Kyoto
Day 9: Bento cooking class
Day 10: Kyoto – Naoshima
Day 11: Private, guided tour of Naoshima
Day 12: Naoshima – Osaka & Osaka street food tour
Day 13: Osaka – Mount Koya
Day 14: Mount Koya – Osaka
Day 15: Osaka departure
- Private pickup and drop-off transfers. Transport as per the itinerary
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Meals as stated on the itinerary
- Excursions and activities as mentioned on the itinerary
- Professional, local, English-speaking guides for included sightseeing tours and activities only
- 2-day Kansai Thru Pass
- An IC (Manaca) Transport Card with 2500 yen credit
- 7-day Japan Rail Pass (ordinary class) and other train tickets between destinations
- Interational flights
- Japan visa fees
- Activities and excursions mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Earn US$ 179+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.