- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the past in Takayama's folk village and Kyoto's historic centre.
- Lose yourself in the picturesque Kenrokuen Garden.
- Marvel at Miyajima's iconic floating torii gate.
- Hike to the peak of sacred Mt Fuji.
From the towers and gadgets of Tokyo to the serenity of sacred shrines, this trip provides the perfect blend of guided excursions and free time to explore this fascinating region at your own pace. Linger in the gardens of Kyoto, shoot through the mountain air on a Shinkansen bullet train, and stay in a traditional ryokan for the ultimate in Japanese luxury. The adventure culminates with a two-day ascent of sacred Mt Fuji – reaching the nation's tallest peak just in time for an unforgettable sunrise.
Day 1: Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo/Kanazawa
Day 3: Kanazawa
Day 4: Kanazawa/Takayama
Day 5: Takayama
Day 6: Takayama/Hiroshima
Day 7: Hiroshima
Day 8: Hiroshima/Kyoto
Day 9: Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto
Day 11: Kyoto/Fujikawaguchiko
Day 12: Fujikawaguchiko/Mount Fuji
Day 13: Mount Fuji/Tokyo
Day 14: Tokyo
- Hotels (9 nts), traditional inn (1 nt), traditional inns (2 nts, shared facilities), mountain hut (1 nt, multi-share).
2 breakfasts, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD660-860 for meals not included.
- Bullet train, tram, ferry, public bus, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Kyoto
- Your Wellness Moment: Onsen Spa Visit, Kawaguchiko
- Higashi Geisha District visit (Kanazawa)
- Kenroku-en garden visit
- Nagamachi Samurai District walk (Kanazawa)
- Hida No Sato folk village visit (Takayama)
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima excursion with floating torii gate visit
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto)
- Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion visit
- Fushimi Inari Shrine visit
- 2-day Mt Fuji hike
- Kaiseki dinner
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (14 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Tokyo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Japan & Hike Mt Fuji tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 198 today.
- Save US$ 131+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Japan & Hike Mt Fuji tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Japan & Hike Mt Fuji tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Japan & Hike Mt Fuji tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.