- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tokyo Sensoji Temple district and temple, Harajuku, Takeshita street, Meiji Shrine & Shibuya Crossing
- Kamakura Big Buddha Statue, Hokokuji Zen temple and the Bamboo Forest and delightful village atmosphere. Opt to take part in a Tea Ceremony
- Lake Kawaguchi located within Fuji Hakone Izu National Park spectacular mountain scenery and views of Mt Fuji
- Staying in a ryokan sampling Japanese hospitality, bathing in natural hot springs, wearing a Samue (casual Kimono) and sleeping on a futon
Discover the best of Japan in just 8 days. Travelling from the modern metropolis of Tokyo to enchanting Kyoto, with its age-old temples, shrines and colourful Geisha district. See the bronze Buddha and bamboo forest at Kamakura the breathtaking beauty of Mt Fuji at Hakone Izu National Park en route.
Day: 1 Tokyo
Day: 2 Toyko Sightseeing - Sensoji Temple district, Harajuki & Shibuya
Day: 3 Kamakura
Day: 4 Tokyo
Day: 5 Hakone
Day: 6 Kyoto
Day: 7 Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time
Day: 8 Kyoto
- 7 nights 3 star accommodation (including 1 night in a traditional Japanese Inn)
- Airport arrival transfer to tour hotel - by train from Narita or Haneda International Airport on day 1
- 3 breakfasts and 1 Japanese dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi
- All transportation and transfers - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica swipe Card)
- Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi and Kyoto
- Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese tour guide
- Lake Kawaguchi & Mt Fuji - Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and observatory. For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit to the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji as the backdrop
- Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person)
- International flights, visas, laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature
- Airport departure transfer
- If you are opting to pay the single supplement, allowing you the privacy of your own room on this tour, a single room will be provided for all nights with the exception of day 5 (our overnight stay at Lake Kawaguchi), where single rooms are not available. For this night you will be matched up with a fellow tour member of the same gender
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$3 - 5 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: USD$25-35pp, paid in local currency
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 160 today.
- Save US$ 106+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Japan - 8 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 28 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of Japan - 8 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Japan - 8 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.