- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Tokyo Sensoji Temple district and temple, Harajuku, Takeshita street, Meiji Shrine & Shibuya Crossing
- Kamakura Big Buddha Statue, Hokokuji Zen temple and the Bamboo Forest and delightful village atmosphere. Opt to take part in a Tea Ceremony
- Lake Kawaguchi located within Fuji Hakone Izu National Park spectacular mountain scenery and views of Mt Fuji
- Staying in a ryokan sampling Japanese hospitality, bathing in natural hot springs, wearing a Samue (casual Kimono) and sleeping on a futon
Take in the classic sites of Japan on this 8 day group tour, from the trendy Harajuku and Shibuya areas of Tokyo, to the impressive Nijo Castle and the Geisha district of Kyoto. Stroll through the bamboo forest in Kamakura, sample Japanese cuisine, catch a glimpse of Mt Fuji from Fuji Hakone Izu National Park and much more.
Day: 1 Tokyo
Day: 2 Toyko Sightseeing - Sensoji Temple district, Harajuki & Shibuya
Day: 3 Kamakura
Day: 4 Tokyo
Day: 5 Hakone
Day: 6 Kyoto
Day: 7 Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time
Day: 8 Kyoto
- 7 nights 3 star accommodation (including 1 night in a traditional Japanese Inn)
- Airport arrival transfer to tour hotel - by train from Narita or Haneda International Airport
- 3 breakfasts and 1 Japanese dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi
- All transportation and transfers - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica swipe Card)
- Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi and Kyoto
- Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese tour guide
- Lake Kawaguchi & Mt Fuji - Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and observatory. For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit to the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji as the backdrop
- Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person)
- International flights, visas, laundry, drinks, items of a personal nature
- Airport departure transfer
- If you are opting to pay the single supplement, allowing you the privacy of your own room on this tour, a single room will be provided for all nights with the exception of day 5 (our overnight stay at Lake Kawaguchi), where single rooms are not available. For this night you will be matched up with a fellow tour member of the same sex
- Tip for your tour guide. We recommend you allow USD$3 - 5 per day, per traveller. Tipping your guide is an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: USD$25-35pp, paid in local currency
- Bookmundi is partner with On The Go Tours. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 167 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 111 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 14 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of Japan - 8 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Japan - 8 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.