- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit famous World Heritage Sites and Hiroshima Peace Memorial
- See iconic Mount Fuji and explore the stunning area
- Relax in a Kamakura Zen Garden and hot springs in Edo
- Participate in a Japanese tea ceremony and watch maiko (apprentice geisha) dance
The tour starts in the neon and glitz of Tokyo which makes a neat contrast with the next stop, the somewhat more traditional old capital, Kamakura. From there we move west to Hakone, home to the iconic Mount Fuji. Over a couple of days in the area you can walk along the ancient Tokaido trail, the old main passageway for shogun and merchants alike. The route takes in the once feared highway checkpoint that monitored the passage of people and goods in and out of Edo (the old name for Tokyo). These days you'll get a more friendly welcome and the numerous hot springs in the area make it the perfect place to heal and relax.
From there we follow the trail the modern way - by bullet train - to Kyoto, Japan's cultural capital with a national treasure around every corner. You'll have the chance to participate in sado (the Japanese tea ceremony), watch maiko (apprentice geisha) dance, and see some of the best sights in the land.
The last leg of the tour is spent in Hiroshima and Miyajima where the poignant peace park and museum stand out in this vibrant, open city before heading to back in Tokyo with lifelong memories of this intriguing country.
Day 1: Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo: Fish market and Kamakura day trip
Day 3: Hakone (Mount Fuji)
Day 4: Hakone (Mount Fuji)
Day 5: Kyoto
Day 6: Kyoto
Day 7: Kyoto
Day 8: Kyoto Free Day
Day 9: Hiroshima (Miyajima)
Day 10: Hiroshima (Miyajima)
Day 11: Tokyo (stopping at Himeji Castle on the way)
Day 12: Journey's end
- 10 Breakfasts and 5 Dinners
- ALL accommodation (11 nights)
- Dinners include: Group meal on Day 1 in Tokyo (alcoholic drinks included!), traditional Teishoku on Days 3 and 4 at Hakone, traditional Kaiseki Ryori on Days 9 and 10 at Miyajima
- The support of your Tour Leader for the entirety of the tour
- ALL Entrance fees to museums, temples, shrines and gardens when with the guide following the itinerary. Visiting alternative / additional sites at personal expense.
- ALL city to city transportation including the shinkansen bullet train
- ALL local transportation is covered while with the guide following the itinerary. Visiting alternative / additional locations at personal expense
- Suica card - An electronic travel card for your convenience (saves fiddling around with tickets)
- Meet & greet at the airport in Tokyo (either Narita or Haneda) on arrival and transfer (guided) to the tour hotel up to one week before the starting date of the tour
- Airport transfer at the end of the tour from the tour hotel (this is non-guided)
- Authentic Tea Ceremony at a tea house in Kyoto
- Baggage forwarding for one bag per person, two times (from Tokyo to Kyoto and from Kyoto back to Tokyo)
- Tour Info-Pack
- Meals, other than ones mentioned as included
- Travel Insurance. You must take out travel insurance before travelling to Japan, we suggest this is done soon after a booking has been made.
- Flights to and from Japan!
- Earn US$ 131+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.