- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The picturesque regions of Theth and Valbone
- The 'Lockin Tower' of Theth
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites Traditional folklore evening
This fascinating, lesser-known Mediterranean country has a pristine, rugged and wild landscape waiting to be discovered. It wasn't until the collapse of the People's Socialist Republic of Albania in 1991 that the world got its first glimpse of the country within. Our trek is focussed in the remote Albanian Alps in the north, where ancient blood feuds and folklore mark its past. We explore the remote regions of Theth and Valbonë on foot, where Agricultural life has remained unchanged for centuries. We then have time to explore the historic towns of Berat and Krujë and delve into the captivating history of this hospitable country.
Day 1: Start Tirana
Day 2: Drive via Shkodër and Rozafa Castle to Theth; short walk around the village
Day 3: Walk to Grunas waterfall, Nderlyse and the 'Blue Eye of Kapre'
Day 4: Trek over Valbonë Pass to Rragam village; transfer to Valbonë, home of
Albanian folk culture
Day 5: Follow a route below Rosi Peak, passing through forest to the 'White Circle'
Day 6: We take a boat on Komani Lake; continue to Kruje
Day 7: Visit the Ethnographic Museum and the King Mosque in Berat
Day 8: End Berat
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners included
- Transfer for group flights
- Any international flights to Tirana and from Berat are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Albania tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Albania tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in Albania tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Albania tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.