- Walking tour
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Traditional shepherd hospitalityCross remote borders Wild mountain sceneryPicturesque mountain villages
Discover a network of old shepherd trails as we traverse through high alpine mountains, taking in vibrant forests and glacial lakes. The Via Dinarica trail spans nearly 2000km across Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia, Albania and Macedonia. This epic route cannot be completed in two weeks, so we explore the southern part of the Via Dinarica. The mountains encircling Albania, Kosovo and Montenegro offer some of the most remote and wild scenery. Picturesque mountain villages are inhabited by agricultural communities, where farming practices and traditional shepherd life have been preserved for generations. We enjoy breathtaking views as we cross remote borders with time to soak up the traditional shepherd mountain life along the way. With a slew of awards - Via Dinarica was National Geographic Traveller's "Best of the World" destination for 2017 - this is guaranteed to amaze and challenge the keen trekker.
Day 1: Start Tirana, Albania
Day 2: Drive to Komani Lake; scenic ferry journey, followed by a walk to Tropoje
Day 3: Through Tropoje Valley, following the river to Sylbice
Day 4: Cross the border into Kosovo; trek through green alpine pastures to Belegu
Day 5: Walk along ridges to the shepherd village of Milisevac
Day 6: Trek to Lumbardhi ridge; descend to Rugova Camp Hotel and continue to Reka e
Day 7: To Boge via Mt Hajla (2403m)
Day 8: Transfer to Kuqishte; trek to Babino Polje, Montenegro
Day 9: Trek to Hrid Lake in Prokletije National Park; continue to Plav
Day 10: Transfer to Gradec; trek to Vuthaj via Bor Peak (2106m)
Day 11: Trek to the glacial lakes of Jezerca
Day 12: Drive to Prizren and onto Rubik; short afternoon walk.
Day 13: Drive to Tirana; free afternoon
- 5 nights hotels, 4 nights guesthouses, 3 nights shepherd mountain huts10 days point-to-point trekkingAltitude maximum 2300m, average 1930mGroup normally 5 to 16, plus local leader. Min age 16 yrs ,All breakfasts, 10 lunches and 12 dinnersAll accommodation (please see accommodation section)Transfer for group flights
- Any international flights to/from Tirana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Best of the Via Dinarica tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 160 today.
- Earn US$ 106+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Best of the Via Dinarica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 September 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Best of the Via Dinarica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Best of the Via Dinarica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.